• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pinching on C. chinense?

I am currantly pinching off flowers and buds from my C.Bacc and C.Annu chili plants.
But shold i do the same one the C. chinense? Or shold i try to hold it as long as possible?

Or will it not affect the plant size veary much to let it flower?

Tryed to use the search but dident really find any info about it.

Just let it go IMO, the plant will drop the flowers if it is not ready for them. The plant knows best!

I personally leave all flowers and let the plant go as it wants to. If it has the right conditions, once it is in its final pot and conditions it will produce and grow continuously.

You'll likely get a lot of flower drop but personally I still like to pick of flowers/pods for another month or so to get really good sized producers, but in different climates things may work quite differently

I've never pinched any flowers. Once a node has produced peppers, new growth/a new node is needed to produce more pods. If you keep it fed the growth/pods will come.

Ahh ok its to late... i Pinched off around 40 buds from my 7 pot. But i see its like 20 more comming. So i will leave them be. It is in its final pott and been in it for 1 week and looking good. As the superhots are slow i will lets them flower. But for the rest i will keep pinching! Thanks for the answers!

Back