• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pinching tips?

well i usually just take off the leaves that are directly attached to the main stem.
but i was wondering, could anyone give me some pointers on how to encourage branching?

well i usually just take off the leaves that are directly attached to the main stem.
but i was wondering, could anyone give me some pointers on how to encourage branching?

Pinching out just the tip of the main stem was enough to encourage branching on a couple of my plants.

Do you have a particular variety in mind?

Pinching or topping is pretty simple. If you're concerned about the proper method check out youtube. The videos might display another sort of plant but it's all the same process.

Pinching out just the tip of the main stem was enough to encourage branching on a couple of my plants.

Do you have a particular variety in mind?

well this season i'm just growing a couple fatalii
and i don't really know much about pinching/topping...

about when should i pinch out the tip of the main stem?

well this season i'm just growing a couple fatalii
and i don't really know much about pinching/topping...

about when should i pinch out the tip of the main stem?

Do you have photos of the Fatalii plants? My answer would depend on the plant and what shape you are targeting.

My young Fatalii plants are less than 5 cm tall and already showing signs of side shoots.

Back