Pineapple Pomegranate & Blood Orange Habanero Pwnsauce

I needed to let off a little steam today so I figured why not go create something in the kitchen. I surveyed the contents of the fridge and pantry, and came up with a game plan:
(note did not measure, just guessing):

Pwnsauce:
2ish cups pineapple juice
2 blood oranges, juiced
1 pomegranate, juiced
3 french shallots
couple roasted habaneros
couple roasted serranos
shitload of fresh habaneros
couple fresh serranos
couple pequins red & green
couple tabasco peppers
couple kick ass satin skinned red hot chiles
1 half sweet onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
little bit of balsamic vinegar to taste
salt
pepper
pinch of sugar
little bit of olive oil

i blended that until it was a gorgeous purple color, then reduced it over high heat until it was the right consistency. Filled the vinegar bottle.

With the remaining sauce I turned the badassness up to 11 and added about a tablespoon of dorset naga powder and some generic habanero powder that says 130,000 scoville units from HEB.

Tasted what wouldn't fit in the little jar....JESUS CHRIST:onfire::)

Its delicious. I just ate what was left in the pot by dipping some bread in it. It feels like my face is about to melt off, but in a good way.

3040161472_7aba1f9905_o.jpg

3040162360_1608a15456_o.jpg

3040162144_7d9a553818_o.jpg

3040161658_ab4f5b8585_o.jpg

Just look at that satin skin, its so weird to me I've never seen a pepper with the same texture. These are delicious too, really really really sweet and decently hot:
3040161770_1bacbae15d_o.jpg

Everything into the food processor:
3040161886_bc81e6b0bf_o.jpg

from there it went to the blender, to the pot, then to these:
3040161250_4b18ba4520_o.jpg

That sounds like an evil recipe..and I'd love to try it.....:P

I've never tasted pomegranate? Is it like grape fruit?

moyboy said:
That sounds like an evil recipe..and I'd love to try it.....:P

I've never tasted pomegranate? Is it like grape fruit?

Not really. It is kinda tart though, its more like grape juice than grapefruit juice but not really like either. They're crazy ass fruit, you cut them open and eat the jelly-like sacks that are around the seeds then spit the seeds out. I juice them by dumping the seeds into a metal mesh strainer and squishing them with a glass.

Pretty good though, they grow as large shrubs or trees depending on the variety, and they're all over down here. They'd probably do good in Oz, they like hot dry summers and are cold hardy to about -10

hah was searching for a pic and found this:

Growing pomegranates in Western Australia

OldPomTreeWanneroo.jpg

Hiya Tx those Serranos that skin is very unusual what Variety ?
Pomegranate are just great i empty mine in a dish and eat the seeds one by one delicious taste and Respect for the Recipe indeed some great combinations would love to taste all those together :P

talas said:
Hiya Tx those Serranos that skin is very unusual what Variety ?
Pomegranate are just great i empty mine in a dish and eat the seeds one by one delicious taste and Respect for the Recipe indeed some great combinations would love to taste all those together :cheers:

The ones with the satin skin aren't serranos they're "red hot chiles" the serranos are in the pan in the first pic. The satin ones are ones I grew this year, quite a strange feeling pepper indeed, very tasty though. Really really sweet and almost as hot as a jalapeno so they're great snacking.

Looks great! The purple color it had while it was boiling is just awesome.

My mom makes great juice from Pomegranate by simply using an orange/lemon juicer. Works great, they have to be really ripe though.

When I was in Turkey I ate them straight off the tree - awesome!!!

my great uncle had a pomegranite tree in his back yard down in south mississippi in the mid 1950s....I loved eat them but I sure did stain some shirts

Back