• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pink Tiger history

I've looked at the couple of pink tiger threads I've seen here and googled to not much avail.

I'd like to know more about the pink tiger and other PDN crosses.

I know Pink Tiger is a Pimenta de Neyde x bhut cross. Which bhut though? Was PDN the mother or the father?

Who created it?

If anyone has any info on the pink tiger or other PDN crosses or could steer me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

I'm growing it for the first time and have just picked the first two pods last week. They were from two plants. One was mostly purple with a little peachy cream variegation. The other was mostly the peachy color with a little purple on the tail.

About the tiger, how do I know it's ripe if it doesn't turn all the way from purple to yellow?

Also, maybe they do turn all the way yellow but you just need to wait another month or so.

I still like the look of those KingDenniz.

So I contacted Enrico of mojopeppers. He got back to me and gave me a link to his blog. Told me he was not the creator. Nothing new on the blog that I saw. Outstanding pictures though.

Crossing my fingers  :P
20150818_151241.jpg

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Does the pod on the right have the stripes.. did I send those seeds to u
yes I have a few pods with very faint stripes. I hope they look similar to the last pic you posted above of the really dark pods when they are fully ripe only with a little better stripes  :P   seed was from you. Pod on left with green string was crossed with CBBG7 that you sent me. Hope to get something cool from the seed. 

I'm not sure if these pics of my pods will help or add to the confusion...

I saved seeds from a 'Pink Tiger' pod that had both purple blotching and some stripes (looked more like Mojo scoundrel actually)
i grew them all out, and have 7 plants from that pod, 2 have remained short and just started blooming about a week ago, the others have reached a height of about 3.5' in their 5 gallon containers and gave a pretty good pod set. Here is the curious part though, i have got pods that go from a dark purple, to a bright purple then finally ripen to a sort of peach color like these:

and another plant that finishes Bright red with barely any purple left at the tip like this:

I will be saving seeds from both color variations and growing them separately next year to see what i am going to end up with, they are beautiful plants anyway and i look forward to continue to grow them even if only for the neat purple and green foliage and the many variations of color as the pods mature.

:cheers:

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
I'm not sure if these pics of my pods will help or add to the confusion...

I saved seeds from a 'Pink Tiger' pod that had both purple blotching and some stripes (looked more like Mojo scoundrel actually)
i grew them all out, and have 7 plants from that pod, 2 have remained short and just started blooming about a week ago, the others have reached a height of about 3.5' in their 5 gallon containers and gave a pretty good pod set. Here is the curious part though, i have got pods that go from a dark purple, to a bright purple then finally ripen to a sort of peach color like these:

and another plant that finishes Bright red with barely any purple left at the tip like this:

I will be saving seeds from both color variations and growing them separately next year to see what i am going to end up with, they are beautiful plants anyway and i look forward to continue to grow them even if only for the neat purple and green foliage and the many variations of color as the pods mature.

:cheers:
How do they taste?   save me a couple seeds from the reds if possible, those look real nice  :P

Back