• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pink Tiger Thread

Anyone else think these grow slower than others? Seems like mine aren't doing much.. They look happy but just don't seem to be growing very fast and they were planted in jan i believe.

I have a pimenta de neyde that I had to preform surgery on to remove the helmet. It was the same way for a month then all of a sudden it took off. Been growing pretty good since then but I am finding it may have preferences to less intense light than directly under 1000 hid. we'll see what happens in the next month. I expect to see vast improvements in growth rates of all the peppers.

HP22BH said:
No, not yet anyway. Wasn't able to find seeds.
So I am doing it the hard way. I have red bhut jolokia and pimenta de neyde segregated for crossing.
As soon as I get F1s they are going into the dirt.

am doing the same thing this year! And I have just about every color bhut to try it with.

just throwing this out for the sake of conversation.
I believe that the Pimenta de neyde x red bhut = pink tiger and that
different color bhuts lend to differently named resulting crosses. 

I Think

HP22BH said:
just throwing this out for the sake of conversation.
I believe that the Pimenta de neyde x red bhut = pink tiger and that
different color bhuts lend to differently named resulting crosses. 

I Think
There are a lot of neyde x bhut. This specific cross comes from "Pimenta Elisa" which the now dissolved AISPES was attempting to stabilize. Pimenta Elisa became Pimenta Tiger,Puma,Leopard,etc. and now has a pink spinoff. For whatever reason, Pimenta de Neyde crosses are super unstable. Also,from conversations I have had with people that have been growing these from 2009,they tend to rot immediately after ripening or right at the point of ripening. I am watching this thread with interest. I didn't bite on them this year because my list was already out of control.

P.S. Cool looking plants everyone.

I have F1 of Bhut X PDN, should I post in this thread?  The ones I'm growing don't originate with AISPES though, it's someone who crossbred them in Australia.  I only have one plant left, started with two.  I think the other one had some sort of wilt blight or something.  It might perk up, it actually has some nodes that might pull through.

I remember hearing about these a while back and forgot all about em until now. Some truly gorgeous plants in this thread. makes me want to get in on some!

Beautiful plants guys!! I thought I had some that looked like these but didn't recognize the name. Then when I saw the cross it turns out I do. I love the dark leaves. Mime were gorgeous when I put them in the ground. They are taking off and getting some height now.

Back