• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pita's DIY Light Stand and some plants!

So I finally moved ALL of my plants into my new place! Since they have gotten a bit bigger, I needed a new way to prop my lights above the plants, so I came up with this stand. I could have made it a bit more complex, but I chose to just use what I had laying around in my garage, minus a little conduit pipe and connectors.

What I opted for was a box made of 2X2's that I could easily assemble/disassemble to move from place to place in a car, since I built this at home to take to my apartment. Well, I guess I really don't need to explain it further since I have pictures ;)

Here is the starting of the frame using the 2X2's and angle brackets.
0415091338.jpg

The frame is finished. I would have completed the bottom for some added stability, but honestly, it really didn't need it, nor did I feel like going to buy more wood. The dimensions are 4'W X 3'D X 4'H
0415091527.jpg

Here's a better view of one of the the corners, I would have just used a nail gun, but keep in mind, this needs to be portable. It will also be in plain sight, so I want it to be atleast mildly pretty!
0415091527a.jpg

I don't know about you, but I don't think plain wood goes all too well with my room so I painted it army green (I'm a sucker for camo, what can I say). I also installed two conduit pipes on the underside of the top part of the frame to hang my lights from.
0415092044.jpg

Top view:
0415092045.jpg

Aaaaaannnd, here it is in action!
0503092124.jpg

Where they live during the day:
0503091824a.jpg

These pics are almost a month old now. They have gotten a lot more hardy. All the leaves are facing the window too, makin them look very thin, when they're really not THAT thin. Ok, the ones in the cups are..but thats not my fault! lol they were left unattended for a couple months.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed my little show and tell!

Nice, i REALLY need to get around to something like this.

At the moment i just have my shade sitting on the floor, because i only have sprouts at the moment it's a perfect fit! :lol:

light3.jpg

Back