• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pizza Roulette

I just saw this over at Reddit, and I think it's an awesome idea! Has anyone ever tried it?

pSx8f.jpg

You saw it at reddit?
I heard about it just today, and it was a new zealand pizza chain that's also in australia. And I read about it in a computer forum.
Seems they are doing a mass spam marketing campaign then...
Apparently using a sauce with extract in it, comparable to 2mil scoville, and only putting two drops of the sauce on one slice.
Pretty weak, but what else would people expect if they ever have and 'hot' food from a franchise chain or mainstream packaged product?

You saw it at reddit?
I heard about it just today, and it was a new zealand pizza chain that's also in australia. And I read about it in a computer forum.
Seems they are doing a mass spam marketing campaign then...
Apparently using a sauce with extract in it, comparable to 2mil scoville, and only putting two drops of the sauce on one slice.
Pretty weak, but what else would people expect if they ever have and 'hot' food from a franchise chain or mainstream packaged product?

Yeah, that is pretty lame, with all that dough and cheese i doubt it would get very spicy.... I read that as a whole Moruga on a slice under the cheese!

Yeah, that is pretty lame, with all that dough and cheese i doubt it would get very spicy.... I read that as a whole Moruga on a slice under the cheese!

I'd have to agree. If there's not a pepper hiding in there, then it's not really worth it. I think next time I go out with my friends to our local pizza place, I'll talk to the owner and see if we can play this game the right way.

They should put the hotness on all the slices. Kinda' like hungarian roulette. Use 6 bullets.

Ohhhhhhh TB, you gave me my first good laugh of the day. Thank you sir.

As for the 2 drops at 2mil Scov. equivalent. That is going to be EXTREMELY hot even to someone who has eaten habaneros before. Unless you are a chilihead this is going to wreck you. At least I would think so. Two drops sounds small but it will put most people on their ass.

There is a bar restaurant in CT where they have a roulette popper plate - They inject one popper (or more) with hot sauce. It is HOT not sure what sauce it is.

That's what I never understood about the college towns I've lived in. There has never been an easy place to find really hot peppers, even though I know stupid college students could create a demand... untapped markets, man.

Back