food Pizza Toppings Complimentary of Chilis

I've had a standby recipe for our homemade pizzas for about a year now. It's an anchovy lemon caper chili pizza. It rocks the house. Salty, citrusy and spicy to taste. All on homemade crust. I dig it.

But...I'm in the mood for something different tonight. I'd love to hear some ideas from y'all about what you think chilis compliment on a pizza. As much as I'd like to just toss some chilis on a pepperoni pizza, I'm not lazy enough to do that to my food. Okay, I'm a food snob.
?
But I'm curious what y'all have found that really 'clicks'. BBQ chicken and serranos? Caramelized onions and habs? Goat cheese and jalapeno? I have no clue, but if you have any ideas, post 'em up. If I eat it, I'll provide a picture.

And if anyone wants my (not really mine) anchovy/chili recipe, just lemme know...

We only make pizza when old Mary Tyler Moore re-runs and heavy drinking are involved, but just about ANY order of pizza toppings go well with julienned orange habaneros.

:dance:

Okay, I think I've narrowed it to a blend of mozzarella/Parmesan, caramelized onions, and ???. Maybe BBQ sauce and what kind of readily available pepper (anaheims/jalapenos/serranos/thai/orange habs)?

I definitely want the caramelized onions, though. I'm craving those for sure.

We only make pizza when old Mary Tyler Moore re-runs and heavy drinking are involved, but just about ANY order of pizza toppings go well with julienned orange habaneros.

:dance:

See, I love you paulky, but that's the answer that I don't need. ;)

I'm not the kind of guy that will arbitrarily toss habs on top of a sausage and fennel pizza. Or a margherita. Or a goat cheese and sun dried tomato. Some things just don't 'fit', in my mouth...er, mind. :)

But to each his own, as they say.

Okay, I think I've narrowed it to a blend of mozzarella/Parmesan, caramelized onions, and ???. Maybe BBQ sauce and what kind of readily available pepper (anaheims/jalapenos/serranos/thai/orange habs)?

I definitely want the caramelized onions, though. I'm craving those for sure.

Oooohhhhh.......how about sliced/cooked bratwurst, orange habs, green peppers, cramalized onions, and a mild tomato sauce?

Oooohhhhh.......how about sliced/cooked bratwurst, orange habs, green peppers, cramalized onions, and a mild tomato sauce?

Okay, that's sounding pretty darn good. I may kill the brat. I'm meated out lately. But I'm diggin' the concept. Maybe some garlic somewhere in there?

I'd julienne some Anaheim's and mix them in while caramelizing the onions. Then build with sauce, italian sausage, pepper/onion, a dusting of red savina powder and top with your cheese blend.

Kinda playin that sausage with peppers/onions theme.

Damn, now I'm hungry for pizza. :lol:

In order:

Dough
Refried Beans
Taco Meat
Onions
Peppers, what ever kind you want, I use bell, Habanero, Jalapeno and Serrano
mexican Cheese mix

Cook Pizza then when done

Shreded lettuce
Tomatos
Sliced Avacodo
Sliced Balck Olives

Sour Cream, Salsa and Hot Sauces on the side

In order:

Dough
Refried Beans
Taco Meat
Onions
Peppers, what ever kind you want, I use bell, Habanero, Jalapeno and Serrano
mexican Cheese mix

Cook Pizza then when done

Shreded lettuce
Tomatos
Sliced Avacodo
Sliced Balck Olives

Sour Cream, Salsa and Hot Sauces on the side

I just had a mouhgasm.... :eek:

I'd julienne some Anaheim's and mix them in while caramelizing the onions. Then build with sauce, italian sausage, pepper/onion, a dusting of red savina powder and top with your cheese blend.

Kinda playin that sausage with peppers/onions theme.

Damn, now I'm hungry for pizza. :lol:

What's your second choice if the ol' anaheims aren't available. I think they are, but my wife is giving me the raised eyebrow, 'I don't think those are at the store, and I'm at the store a lot more than you', look.

This is sounding really good.

Proscuitto, ricotta, fresh mozzarella, fresh jalapeno, fresh tomato, Fresh Basil, Garlic, Olive Oil (No Pizza sauce).
Make it real thin.
Oh, and cook it on a stone over coals. It should look something like this, some of the best me and Sum have done!

IMG_3062.jpg

I've had a standby recipe for our homemade pizzas for about a year now. It's an anchovy lemon caper chili pizza. It rocks the house. Salty, citrusy and spicy to taste. All on homemade crust. I dig it.

But...I'm in the mood for something different tonight. I'd love to hear some ideas from y'all about what you think chilis compliment on a pizza. As much as I'd like to just toss some chilis on a pepperoni pizza, I'm not lazy enough to do that to my food. Okay, I'm a food snob.
?
But I'm curious what y'all have found that really 'clicks'. BBQ chicken and serranos? Caramelized onions and habs? Goat cheese and jalapeno? I have no clue, but if you have any ideas, post 'em up. If I eat it, I'll provide a picture.

And if anyone wants my (not really mine) anchovy/chili recipe, just lemme know...

Core jalapenos and stuff with bulk sausage. Roast them on the grill, low and slow so the sausage cooks. When done place in fridge so they become firm. Now slice into rings and you have sausage pieces that look like pizza toppings with a jalapeno ring around them.

You can make the sausage as spicy as you want with pepper powder ;)

Core jalapenos and stuff with bulk sausage. Roast them on the grill, low and slow so the sausage cooks. When done place in fridge so they become firm. Now slice into rings and you have sausage pieces that look like pizza toppings with a jalapeno ring around them.

You can make the sausage as spicy as you want with pepper powder ;)

This thread is GREATNESS! Thanks THP!

Back