• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

PKPEPPER's at present grow list.

It been 5 years since I've tried starting my own seeds, had lots of good plants, peppers, tomatoes, etc. Put them in the ground and all died. Problem was they weren't hardened enough before planting. Now I have a little more knowledge on that. (I hope!)
Pepper list so far:

Caribbean Red
Fatali
Tabasco
Serrano
Jalapeño
Hot Lemon

Started on 1/28/10, 6 Caribbean Reds and 6 Fatali's plus some old seeds I found from 2005. Put them in a 72 cell "planter" under a 4 tube 4' florescent light on for 12 hours a day. The basement in my house has had an average temperature of 77°F (25°C). As of today, 2/8/10, 6 Reds and 3 Fatali's have spouted plus some lettuce in a separate container. Maybe in March would be a good time to start the rest?

Happy growing to all!

I LIKE STARTING MINE ABOUT 2 WEEKS APART TO STAGGER THE MATURING ,SO I KEEP GETTING PRODUCTION FROM A SMALLER SCALE. bUT ONCE I get set up I want to get things going all in 2 different times and that should be enough for my scale of growing.

welcome pk and nice list you have!

hope your hardening off goes well just make sure you monitor the wind sun and temps they recieve.

your right john stagger the plants to beable to harvest peppers all the time:)!

Hey PK, i am growing three peppers on your list this year. The Fatalii, the Tabasco and the Serrano.
I know that you will like those at least :) Hot lemon are nice too, i have never tried the Caribbean red.

Best of luck!

carribean red is very flavorful and HOTT! you shoudl try nova i have plenty of seed from nice pods i can send you if you like?

Just started 6 more Fatali's and 6 more Carabbean Reds. Sorry, what I meant by starting in March were the Tabasco's, ect since they should take less time to grow. Staggered planting is the way to go. Just had 2 more Fatili's sprout. Hope for in ground planting last week of May.

A question? If I post some pictures of my setup, should I continue this thread or start a new one. Thanks and happy growing!

Back