• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Plant care while on vacation

SadisticPeppers

eXtreme Business
I'm heading to Orlando tonight, and spending a week there, and since I live alone, I've got nobody to take care of my plants. That being said, if I give them a good amount of water prior to leaving (not too much of course), and keep them a good distance under grow lights, will they be good? The plants look healthy, and I know they have sufficient fertilizer in their pots.

They should be fine. I had some of my plants in the office for two weeks over winter break, no water or care for two weeks, and sure they were on death's door when I came back but most of them recovered... I don't usually water my indoor plants more than once a week anyway.

(in fact, some of my plants looked better with a little neglect... there is such a thing as too much love)

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna be back Saturday evening, only to leave for a 2nd trip Sunday afternoon. That should be plenty of time for me to water them once and head out for the airport :)

I Say you get a Gallon bottle with a small hole on the top, put that upside down into the soil and water will be absorbed into the soil little by little just enough to keep them alive, if not buy a Watering Globe, its the same basic concept

Seedlings admittedly are more tender. It also depends on what sort of light you are using, if it generates a lot of heat they'll tend to dry out faster.

IMG_2826.jpg

1119-300x214.jpg

make good use of your empties! :cool:

hay bro,im a hour and half from ya. if you get free one day come by the farm or we could meet up for a meal and a couple drinks. peace and safe trvels

Hydration is definitely your biggest concern. Too much either way when they're that small will not make very happy. I've read of many posts here where someone along the line had dropped the ball and the losses we're unrecoverable. O-yes there will be tears!!

Back