• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Plant dying one by one.

I think you have got some good advise so far :)

Yea that plant does not look ideal.
I would cut off the dying part an inch or two below where its already turned colour.
I would then clean all the crap off it...and apply some form of insecticide. Whatever floats your boat in terms of insecticide. Aphids are very easy to deal with the right spray.
I would then top of the pot up with some good compost and apply some good fert.
You could also re pot it if you want but I would say generally cleaning it up should be a priority. 

Looks like an unhealthy environment in general. IMO all those dead aphids, their muck, and excretions combine together to make a generally unhealthy environment for the plant, where bacteria and disease can thrive. Its not the end of the world but the plant is never going to be as good as it can be when kept in such a way. You should maintain them (keep on top of pests) a little better to prevent them getting to this stage in the first place. 

repot your plant in good soil
make your pepper stronger using amino acid, B-vitamins, seaweed extract and humic acid.
get rid of insect using metarhizium anisopliae & beauveria bassiana

i just whacked several plants today and most likely several tomorrow, it just happens, sometimes you water and the soil gets cold and damages the roots.

many northerns on the hot pepper.........real northerns, not northern california, don't even over winter anymore, they just plant a new, each year.

i made a dawn dishsoap spray and made it too strong, now i am picking off crispy leaves....... don't sweat it, plan every year on sowing the new seeds you want and the over wintered are bonus.

some plants just don't overwinter well in our ugly winter environment. one of the problems is figuring out if one should fertilize or not and how much during over wintering. does one just let the plant go dormant or do you water and risk root rot do to lack of air movement.

good luck, 4 more months to go champ!!

I see a lot of roots in the air. If the plant has lost too much roots maybe it will kill some branches off in order to better be able to support the rest.

All of them have been repoted before bringing them in and soaking them in H202 before repoting them into smaller pots so they fit inside. Tapes four days for them to break out into the whites. I feed them the fish fertilizer every couple weeks.
This is the last "Old" one, so far not dying.

P1100871_PepperPlant-1000_zpsqecyfitx.jpg

When I overwinter , no ferts at all . Fish ferts every 2 weeks sounds like a lot during the winter months.
Just how I do it , winter is for resting , fish ferts for aggressive vegetative growth.
Have a look at my Piquante in my glog , overwintered on just water every 2 weeks for 4 months

Back