• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Plant hardiness website

I thought this may be a helpful link to people that aren't aware of their plant hardiness zone or average frost dates. This site is interactive, so for those in the United States, plug in your zip code. There is also a menu for international sites. Good information here.

Plant Maps

I thought this may be a helpful link to people that aren't aware of their plant hardiness zone or average frost dates. This site is interactive, so for those in the United States, plug in your zip code. There is also a menu for international sites. Good information here.

Plant Maps

Thanks but i'm not sure if its accurate, at least for texas it says:

Based on the 1990 USDA Hardiness Zone Map, this interactive version covers the state of Texas which ranges from USDA Zone 6a to USDA Zone 9b.

These past few years have been crazy weather, getting in the 30's in mid march, and 40's just yesterday night. I guess plantmaps needs to update their database.

I thought this would be a good "starting-point" site for some of those newer growers out there. I just happened to run across it and thought it was cool (and useful).

I live in Zone 5a. I was always told its safe after Mother's day to plan (which is May 8). Seems fairly accurate since it states may 1-10. Temps look fairly normal. Thanks for the site. Gave me something to do at work :) .

9b here but I'm kinda in a micro climate. I live between 2 lakes and it does help with the cold. It's always humid as hell anywhere in CFl.

Huh, interesting. We don't really have a dry season here. I guess last summer was a fluke.

My last frost date falls around next week... guess I should start hardening off my plants.

Back