• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Plant is not flowering

My pepper plant is not flowering
It buds occasionally with size about .5mm they look like tine spheres and dry after a week
Should i chop the plant or wait , if i can force it to flower then how?
Thanks in advance

Im giving them vermicompost
The temp is 34 at max and 20 min
Do they need hotter weather?
Phil said:
Many factors could be causing your flowers to drop.]
Dude , the bud is not growing in size , its just drying out . Even though the soil is moist.

fern123 said:
Dude , the bud is not growing in size , its just drying out . Even though the soil is moist.

Bud and flower drop occur basically due to the same reasons. Sounds like it might be a nutes issue, as OKGrowin pointed out. That is outlined in that link I sent.

Sounds to me more likely a pest issue... If the buds are forming and then seemingly drying up before they flower ( is this also coupled with dead/dying new shoots around the flower buds?). This is often symptomatic of broad mite infestation .... Just a thought

Too much N...not enough K...not enough light...maybe some calcium deficiency too, but without seeing exactly how they look and what they're doing, its really hard to tell. 

Is it in a pot or in the ground? If in a pot is it root bound? 

Aside from all the other stuff mentioned it is also possible it has a disease, fungus or bacterial issue. Do the leaves look healthy?

Beautiful plants...very dark green leans more toward too much N.. I would lay off the ferts or at least switch to something that is balanced (10-10-10) and feed less often. 

Back