• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients Plant Nute Deficiency?

All of my plants are growing under my T5 light and have been growing since February. None of them are getting much bigger, so I'd say my fertilizing game is not too god right now. What do you recommend? The cotyledons fell off of my bhut and scorpion peppers :(

I would say give them some magniseum(Epsom salt) one tbsp per gallon, wait one or two weeks, if no improvement then nitrogen difficiency! What are you growing in?
I had the same problem with mine early on. I fed them osmocote 14-14-14 and Epsom salt and now they are kicking ass! I am growing in coco coir though.

I would say give them some magniseum(Epsom salt) one tbsp per gallon, wait one or two weeks, if no improvement then nitrogen difficiency! What are you growing in?
I had the same problem with mine early on. I fed them osmocote 14-14-14 and Epsom salt and now they are kicking ass! I am growing in coco coir though.

Epsoma Organic Seed Starter Mix is what I use.

I just applied 5-1-1 fish emulsion to all of them. We'll see if it produces results!

I'm also going to ship your seeds out tomorrow. Been super busy lately.

Seed starting mixes generally contain very low or no nutrients. Maybe zap them with a quarter-strength dose of chemical fertilizer for fast results.

They look fine to me....

Might I ask what breed of macaw is your profile pic? I thought it could have been a blue and gold but I have never seen the green head before. Is it a blue and gold??

I have a jenday conure. Birds really are the best animals to own IMO.

except for the whole they don't get to fly thing...

Well, all I'm going to say is that a life inside a loving home with free access to toys, clean water, fresh fruits, veggies and seed everyday WITH the ability to fly around the house, sleep in a soft warm environment away from predators, poachers and disease, I think it's a pretty fair life.

Own a bird and you'll see for yourself ;)

obeychase said:
Might I ask what breed of macaw is your profile pic? I thought it could have been a blue and gold but I have never seen the green head before. Is it a blue and gold??

I have a jenday conure. Birds really are the best animals to own IMO.
She's is, in fact, a blue and gold. I sent her back to her previous owner - Marge (her name) would not bond with males. I now have a severe (chestnut fronted) macaw. I wholeheartedly agree that birds are tops!
Oh, the green is just a patch of feathers on her forehead. Her entire head is not green.

She's is, in fact, a blue and gold. I sent her back to her previous owner - Marge (her name) would not bond with males. I now have a severe (chestnut fronted) macaw. I wholeheartedly agree that birds are tops!

Man, that is awesome. I hope to get a macaw or a grey one day. I love the hyacinth macaws, but there is no way I'm forking over $12,000!! I did get to hold one though at the bird farm I purchased my jenday at. I realistically will prob get either a blue and gold, or an African grey.

How's your severe's temperament? I hear they're not quite as crazy as the big guys.

I can't see dropping $12,000 for any kind of bird, either. They are gorgeous though. I had the severe and blue and gold at the same time and the severe was boss. She fears nothing. Chases our cats and the cats are scared of her. She's a little firecracker every bit deserving of "severe"...lol

Go with the blue and gold. African Greys can be snippy like cockatoos...

Back