• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics Plant pics 5/17/2009

imaguitargod said:
OMG! YOU HAVE A PHOTOTRON!!! YOU LUCKY BASTARD!!!!

That's what you call it! I had looked for days to find info on these and how to use them as I needed a replacement bulb for it and couldn't find a thing. I just looked it up on the web I'm very surprised to see my model go or $340!!! That's insane :shocked: It looks like it's in good condition outside of the spider webs. Man ohh man I'm glad I got it when I had the chance I figured they sold for $100 or so and almost didn't pull the trigger at $30.00 because I didn't know if the lights worked or not!

Do you happen to know how to use them? I noticed the bottom had left over dirt on it, but wasn't sure if I was suppose to put a potted plant in their or if you just fill the bottom with dirt and water it? It seems like the bottom is somewhat water proof, but it's all plastic and thin plastic at that so I wasn't sure and just left my plant in the pot. I didn't like how the side are made of clear plastic that allows the light to shine through. I think I'm gonna coat it with mylar or something to reflect the light back in on the larger panels and just leave the smaller ones clear. I also don't like how it gets kinda of hot inside when you have all the lights on. Just seems like it should have had a fan on the bottom and another on the top to circulate air or something.

LGHT said:
That's what you call it! I had looked for days to find info on these and how to use them as I needed a replacement bulb for it and couldn't find a thing. I just looked it up on the web I'm very surprised to see my model go or $340!!! That's insane :shocked: It looks like it's in good condition outside of the spider webs. Man ohh man I'm glad I got it when I had the chance I figured they sold for $100 or so and almost didn't pull the trigger at $30.00 because I didn't know if the lights worked or not!

Do you happen to know how to use them? I noticed the bottom had left over dirt on it, but wasn't sure if I was suppose to put a potted plant in their or if you just fill the bottom with dirt and water it? It seems like the bottom is somewhat water proof, but it's all plastic and thin plastic at that so I wasn't sure and just left my plant in the pot. I didn't like how the side are made of clear plastic that allows the light to shine through. I think I'm gonna coat it with mylar or something to reflect the light back in on the larger panels and just leave the smaller ones clear. I also don't like how it gets kinda of hot inside when you have all the lights on. Just seems like it should have had a fan on the bottom and another on the top to circulate air or something.
Hehehe, you should have just posted a thread called "what is this" and I would have answered in a flat second. As a former pot grower, that machine is a legend in our industry. If you have one of those you'll be picking buds every day and you still won't be able to keep up with new growth :lol: .

Some people use dirt, some people use pots, some people go hydro! Don't worry about the heat, you'll be fine. I'd skip on the mylar thouugh. The plants can only absorb so much light and that thing produces WAAAAAAYYYYY more than they can use.

Keep us updated, I want to see more pics. Hell, start a thread! $30.....bastard!

Thanks for the info. I found a few good threads on how they work, but it seems like most people add fans for circulation. However one guy said if you use the soil that it comes with some type of moss that you don't need fans. I'll have to get a bulb and some of the specific soil and clean it up. Hopefully it will work just as good for fruit as it did for buds.

Pic update

Here are some pics of some that kind of took off still waiting for my first harvest Super Chile looks to be first in line Tepin, Naga Morrich and Trinidad Scorpion.
IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/peppermo/Peppers June 4 09/

Back