• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

plant pot question

i've seen other people grow 2+ plants in 1 container, and i was thinking i might try it

about what size of a pot should i use if i wanted to grow 2 jalapeno plants in a single pot?

Depends on a lot of factors really, such as type of soil/feeding regime/watering/sunlight.

The general rule is that the bigger it is the better! You could get away with a ten gallon pot but i would use more like 40 gallon.

well the thing is i'm in an apartment atm (facing east :() and i only have room for a few plants, and spacing the varieties apart is also an issue...

I'm going to try 5 gallon pots, the local nursery sells them for $.30 each. You could also try buckets, they work great too.

30 cents each has got to be used blow molded thin nursery pots if they are 5 gallon....I pay a buck each for good heavy duty plastic pots that are used...the thin ones last me about one grow season, the heavy duty ones will last me several...

if you are limited in space why not try the upside down planters?
38-599.jpg

might give you alittle extra room where ya didnt have it!

AlabamaJack said:
30 cents each has got to be used blow molded thin nursery pots if they are 5 gallon....I pay a buck each for good heavy duty plastic pots that are used...the thin ones last me about one grow season, the heavy duty ones will last me several...

I bought a bunch of 5 gallons pots three years ago and paid 20ยข a piece for them. Still going great. Some nurseries would rather sell them cheaply than have to pay to get rid of them.

MIke

Back