• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

plant progress/problems

pepperplants.jpg

some of my peppers.....leaves aren't as yellow as they appear...but they are yellow......just gave some fish emulsion and epson with hopes that they turn green

tomatoeplants.jpg

can these tomato plants be saved....what is causing the condition on the leaves

thanks for all the info in advance:cool:

Are the plants in a basement or a cooler area? Also the tomatoe roots could be to wet --- and could rot the roots.

I had some yellowing of the leaves on my peppers as well. I mixed a batch of fert that consisted of 1TBS Epsom and 1TBS of Miracle grow 20-20-20 mix and watered when it was time -- They have really have had much improvement.

I was having problems with my tomato plants in my basement (its not heated) from what I think the problem was residual moisture in the air on the leaves, I took them upstairs and they are starting to look much much better.

I the soil to wet(saggy) or to dry will stand the plant & leafs will turn yellow, leafs will wilt if is overwater also not enough light it make plant grow slow,the heating mat is good to keep the heat & speed up growing. To make plant recover let the soil try little than water plant by the roots with desolve fish emulation that will make leafs get natural green color.
Wally

The tomato plants look like they have a zinc deficiency to me. The pepper plants could possibly have the same problem, or maybe an iron deficiency.

Try spray feeding them with some of the fish emulsion or other organic plant food (like seaweed) mixed half strength and see if it doesn't help. You should see results in a day or two.

Alan

Fish emulsion indoors!!??--- That will make your wife very happy with your indoor garden! Personnaly I would look for something a little less, how should I put it.... Smelly

Tomatoes are fussy when it comes to over watering -- I would let them dry out a little... also a good dose of a high N fert would help.

This is only for outside use if you have plant in the basement you could use Phospherus/Potassium fertalizers or any another like Micro Grow with I use in hydroponics for green leafs for bubbler or Hydrogen Peroxide , if you use any of those above desolve with water, any of those will work to make plant revive & healthier,also you got to have light at least 12-16 hours a day to have healthy plants.Plants can't not be saggy or to dry.If is warm I will put the plant outside to harden in the shade for while too.

mrwicks, when my plants look like they have a deficiency its almost always due to incorrect ph, check & adjust your ph before adding more of what you think they are deficient in.

thanks for all the info....going to the store to buy ph meter....will update with results.....tested one plant with a soil kit i had laying around and the ph looked to be at 7

Back