• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Plant Re potting when Fruiting?

Hey guys, I was just wondering if it would be safe to pot-up a hab plant in a bigger pot that is starting making pods??
Will it stun the pod production or would it be fine....?
Thanks, here is some pics :-)

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

Im going but these in bigger pots too!!
Left= Naga Morich Right = Trinadad Scorpion

I have lots more growing in the house!
haha Im not going to have room for these things.... :mouthonfire:
IMG_0225.jpg

Why do you want to repot your plant when it looks perfectly fine where it is? Has its roots coming out from the bottom? If you can pull out with everything intact, then it should be ok by placing it in a larger pot.

You shouldn't have a problem re-potting, just be gentle. I pot-up continuously until the end of summer and never have issues

You shouldn't have a problem re-potting, just be gentle. I pot-up continuously until the end of summer and never have issues

+1 on POTAWIE

For a final pot up I wouldn't go any smaller than a 5-gal pot size, many go bigger and bigger is almost always better!!

Good luck!!

repot. =D

in my limited experience, repotting a plant with pods will either cause the plant to abandon the fruit or prematurely forcing the pods to ripen. and then it will refocus its enegery to adjusting itself into its new container.

I will get some 5 gallons, I cant put them in the ground because I live in apartments and I dont own the grounds...., however, I did plant some chilli plants in my dad's garden back home, so we will see how those go :dance:

Back