• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Plant sizes

This may seem like an odd question to ask but I feel it has a good purpose for it. Last year I planted some Cayenne's, amongst other things. I ended up planting the Cayenne's about a foot a part and this year they were about 6"-8" apart, which seems to be perfect. So the thing is I want to know how big (width and height) a lot of the plants get to better optimize space and not have a lot of wasted space. They also look so nice and happy when the plants are all holding branches together but not being crammed in together. So the question is...Does anyone know of a site that offers that kind of info I am looking for? It doesn't seem the chili database has that kind of stuff. Maybe that could be something he could add in the future :)

many plants have deffirant sizes most c.chinese this year were 7 feet apart that was agood space they can get up to 6 feet high mine are this year it also depends on where you have them if in pots they will mot get as big as garden . the key issue is let air and sun in and around the whole plant . you can do that by walking around every plant if you have to move branches they are too close if you can make circle without having any branches in your way your good notice you have to try this at the middle of the growing season where the plant will not get any bigger in size

Yeah, my cayenne's this year I think were a perfect distance. Just the tips of the branches were touching. I did 3 rows of 2 plants or 2 columns with 3 plants each depending how your looking at it. They were bigger than last year but I think I owe a great big part of that to me dumping my hydro nutes onto them but they did an amazing job this year. I should take a pic of them now before it gets to late and cold. :)

My in-ground chinenses were spaced at 3 feet and that was not far enough. They all entwined and there is no room to move in the bed. Next year I will have only 6 plants in my 8x8 bed.

Wow thats crazy to have to plant them that far apart because they get that big...lol Wish I had plants that did that.

if youi have seen my videos of my plants...they all are on 21" centers...its close but I can still squeeze between the rows...just takes patience not to break the branches...but since I walk between the rows once a week, it is OK...I like them close to one another because the branches DO intertwine giving the plants support they would not otherwise have...

Back