• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Planted some green beans

No, I'm not from Down Under! But I only got about 18 quarts so far and in the past three years, we haven't had a freeze until late October. I figure the beans have a 75 day-until-maturity date, maybe less since the soil is much warmer and the plants should germinate and grow much faster than they do in early spring. But if I can get a half-pint per seed, I'll have another 16 quarts.

I wish I could build a green house to fill up my back yard, one that I could retract the roof in summer and partition in the winter! Nirvana!

Mike

Mike-
Almost as an afterthought, this year I planted a half dozen Sugar Snap peas from Denali Seed Co. out in the garden. I didn't really pay much attention to them until last week when I noticed pods on 'em.
Next year at least one entire fence WILL be covered with these delicious monsters- they're like friggin' candy, the shells are sweeter than most pods are from other varieties.
5576_141736631534_522391534_3766567_5008532_n.jpg

Did I mention they're huge? :)
I may try and grow some against the wall this winter in the lab, but they're definitely going to be a large portion of next year's garden. By then, I'll have to fight off the anklebiter for my share of 'em, heheh...
5576_143774456534_522391534_3801618_8006093_n.jpg

Back