• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Planting for the upcoming Zone 5b (Chicago) season soon. ISO.

HwyBill

Banned
It looks like the forums may have been re-arranged a little since I was last on the board.

Where is the forum for trading/exchanging/buying seeds?

I'm in Chicago.. grow zone 5-6.. I usually plant around NYE.

Looking to complement my varieties with some additional seed.

I have about 30 varieties in my seed bank, including 1 cultivar from Indian and 4 cultivars from Nepal I recently brought back from my recent trip to South Asia.

Looking to be gifted/trade/or purchase seeds.

I looked at your grow list---seems a well rounded list. The only one I would recommend to try is the Sandollar: it is a little circular jalapeno level heat that can be filled abd backed for great little poppers. Great little pepper with a little heat and if you scrap out all the veins inside it will have no heat for those woozy guys. Grows 4 ft tall with Lots of peppers early---like 100 days
The only other one I can think of is Sabes which is a little plant that has big pods and big taste similar to the Jalapeno; this are fantastic for filling and baking---the best I tried except for the cherries.
If you want some PM me with your address.

Thanks for the offer Balac. Please include the Sanddollar, Sabes, and anything else you don't see on my list. Always interested in trying new cultivars. Preparing the mailers to go out on Monday. I can return some of the cultivars I collected on my recent trip to S. Asia if you are interested.

Anyone else have anything interesting to try this season?

I'm particularly interested in tabasco, thai/bird's eye, de arbol, fatali, douglah, or any other interesting varietals someone might have.

Beelzeboss: Thanks man. Happy Holidays. Always great to catch up with the chile faithful!

Shism & Justaguy: I actually got a great response (I should know by know the THP community always represents :party: ) and I got some tabascos and fatalis.

I actually got about 25 different NEW varieties!!! :onfire:

To go along with the 25 or 30 I already have, I'm looking at planting about 50 different types of plants this weekend! w00t!

Back