• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Plants are wilting, weird stuff, please help

If you really want to know. Send it to Rutgers. Otherwise you will get many different opinions thrown at you. It will also save you from wasting your time next year if it is infected soil.

I might do that. My mom just sent her soil to Rutgers when she bought a new house. How much does that cost? It's probably worth, just for the peace of mind...

TBH, I'm thinking I might not grow at my community garden next year, either way. I figure I have more freedom to do whatever I want if it's my own beds... Including ditching all my soil and swapping it for new, if need be.

tctenten said:
I forget. It was 3 years ago for me. I tried my county cooperative first, but they were clueless and advised sending to Rutgers.
I hear ya.

My mom said the soil analysis was twenty bucks. Even if the plant autopsy costs twice that, seems like a good deal...

Update: Rutgers charges nj residents $50 to ID bacteria/fungi.. . Twice that for folks out of state.

I'm tryna make moves on Monday.

Back