• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

PLANTS DOING GREAT NOW YELLOWING BAD PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Hello Again!!

So my plants have been doing great up until about a month or so ago and some of leaves started yellowing and falling off.

THINGS I THINK MIGHT HAVE CAUSED THIS:

1. I planted on 2-1 this year and normally I dont Plant until around 3-15. So I did plant early this year and maybe they are just running out of room in the cups for root growth.

2. I noticed a few small little flies buzzing around them in my Grow Room around the time the yellowing started (about a month or so ago). Last week I sprayed some "Garden Safe House Plant And Garden Insect Killer" on them which got rid of the little flies.

EDIT:ALSO, THEY ALL HAD/HAVE TONS OF BUDS AND SOME EVEN HAD 1 INCH PODS ON THEM ALREADY AND I AM STILL AT LEAST TWO WEEKS FROM PUTTING THEM OUTSIDE SO I HAVE BEEN PINCHING THEM OFF ALSO THINKING THAT THE PLANTS WERE YELLOWING BECAUSE ALL NUTES WERE GOING TO THE PODS ON THEM.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK

My Green Bells are the worst but some of my hot pepper plants are doing it as well...

GREEN BELL PLANTS YELLOWING
GREEN%20BELL%20PEPPER%20PLANTS.JPG

GREEN BELL PLANT YELLOW LEAF
GREEN%20BELL%20PLANT%20YELLOW%20LEAF.JPG

SWEET BANANA PLANT YELLOW LEAF
SWEET%20BANANA%20YELLOW%20LEAF.JPG

THAI HOT YELLOW LEAF THAT DROPPED
THAI%20HOT%20YELLOW%20LEAF.JPG

THANK YOU GUYS AND GALS :-) FOR ANY HELP YOU COULD PROVIDE. IT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

SOME MORE PICS FOR YOU OF DIFFERENT PLANTS....

JALAPENO PLANT LEAF CURL AND YELLOWING
JALAPENO%20PLANT%20LEAF.JPG

ORANGE HABANERO HAS SOMETHING ELSE FUNKY GOING ON...... SOME OTHER PLANTS HAVE THIS AS WELL...
HABANERO%20PLANT%20LEAF.JPG

TOOK THEM ALL OUT SIDE TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME AND PUT THEM ON MY SHADED PORCH... MANY TRIPS UP AND DOWN THE BASEMENT STEPS TO THE GROW ROOM!!!
ALL%20PLANTS%20FROM%20LEFT.JPG

ALL%20PLANTS%20FROM%20RIGHT%20END.JPG

AGAIN..... THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP.... I think I read on here some where that yellowing is a calcium deficiency.... I think.

I can now see by the pics outside that virtually everything except for my Habs and Caribbean reds are yellowing....

MrArboc said:
First thing I would do is pinch the flowers, remove the affected leaves and potting up.

I edited my first post to say this as I forgot but last week the day before spraying them I pinched a few hundred flowers/pods off of them. some in these pics have new flowers on them now which I shall pinch again..

It is about 70 Degrees out today and very nice but it usually only gets up to about 55 or 60 out and also is still dropping down to around 38 to 45 at night.

What is the lowest temp it should drop to at night before I plant in my Garden?? About 40 of them will go into the garden and I also have 4 16" pots and ten 10" pots that some of the smaller ones will go into. Their is almost 60 here total

chillilover said:
Those out grew their pots eons ago..........pot up NOW and your problems will likey dissappear.

Thanks for the help so far. What do you recommend the lowest night time temp should be before I Plant out side???

So I took one of the Green Bell Plants (the ones that are yellowing the most) out of its cup and they definetly need to be repotted!! I think I should have waited til March 1st to plant this year instead of February 1st.... about a month too early as I have at least 3-4 weeks before I can feel comfortable about planting out side without fear of frost. I may just have to put the worst ones in pots for now.

HERE'S THE PLANT IN ITS CUP....
YELLOWING%20GREEN%20BELL.JPG

AND HERE'S THE ROOT SYSTEM...
YELLOWING%20GREEN%20BELL%20ROOT%20SYSTEM.JPG

YELLOWING%20GREEN%20BELL%20ROOT%20SYSTEM%202.JPG

YELLOWING%20GREEN%20BELL%20PLANT%20WITH%20ROOT%20PIC.JPG

Yea those need to be potted up. Fantastic root system though.

Don't know if that'll take care of your spotted leaf problem. The curling is generally a lack of calcium.

Blister said:
Yea those need to be potted up. Fantastic root system though.

Don't know if that'll take care of your spotted leaf problem. The curling is generally a lack of calcium.

My problem with potting up right now is I don't have a spare $100 to go buy 60 6" pots. And I would only be using them for about another month this year. Although next year I would obviously use them!!! :banghead:

Does anyone think that some fertilizer may help for now and be a band aid on the situation until the 1st week of June?? about another 4 weeks??

The only Fert they have had is the stuff that was in the MG moisture control soil nothing else....

Thanks again everyone for all your help!!

Those would work..... Now just have to order them and get some potting soil.

Wont be able to fit them all under my two light tables once they are in those though...:think:
Guess I'll figure that out when the time comes...

I think they have too much nutes already. That can certainly cause yellowing. I would pot up ASAP even if it's just to 1 gallon containers.

The brown spots look like bacterial leaf spot, the curling could be lack of calcium however I have seen peppers curl for no apprent at all. The yellowing can be caused by lack of magnesium which is what happens to my plants right before I pot up, try misting them with a weak epsom salt and water solution(1-2 tbsp per gallon max, always better to go with less then more) that will help if it is a magnesium issue.
I hope this helps some.

-Rich

OK Those are some things to try.

Sounds like my main issue was just that I planted too early this year and now They are running out of room in those cups.

Im just going to have to order some of those 1 gallon pots and figure out a way to keep them alive for the time being.

Thanks Again!!

I just went on greenhouse mega store's web site. I am need of some 5 gal pots. I could get 25 for $29 plus shipping. Shipping charges would be an addt'l $21, which I think is outrageous. I may try to get some 5 gal buckets at the local grocery store. These buckets were used in the bakery dept for icing, but they are usually free. Anyone have any input as to what to use to clean/sterilize these buckets?

My suggestion ...go down to Wal-Mart and pick up some of those relatively cheap plastic storage tubs.
You can fit multiple plants in those, it will make it easier to move around (with someone holding the other end), and when ready to transplant into individual pots you will already have the soil conditioned and should lessen the shock in transplanting.
You may also want to look into picking up a fish emulsion for fertilizing... i've had alot of success with it myself, and the peppers thrive on it.

I have similar symptoms as those pics in some of my plants. Bit of yellowing, curling and some looking crispy and brown.
I doubt very much they are root bound as they are still medium seedlings and no roots coming through the bottom of the plastic coffee cups yet.
Also, it seems my taller (more roots) seedling sare doing fine, the smaller ones seem the most affected, even though identically handled seeds have done better.

Ive tried the epsom salts, you think a bit of calcium would help? I have fed them with Chilli Focus, that has calcium in. What other sources you reckon? Crushed up egg shell in the water?

I really believe that using a bit of compost tea, when made from egg shells, left over table scraps such as lettuce and broccoli stems, the insides of tea bags (or coffee grounds) with some dead tree leaves and watering the mix will solve any nuit problems! I had a flat of 18 tomato plants that looked sick, yellow like yours, added some tea to water, stuck the plants in the tub of solution and four days later they look great. I like it so good, I've taken to using a food processor to grind/chop the basics into almost a mash, throwing it into a bucket, covering it with a thin layer of dirt and watering it. I can easily produce a quart of tea per week which when diluted makes at least a gallon of fantastic liquid fertilizer.

Mike

Back