• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Plants growing fast or this is the first time i got it right ?

hi there !

so i have been trying to grow hot pepper like a month or so but they die :(

so two days ago my seeds germinated with a VERY VERY SMALL White root out

so i got happy and bottom watered them

next day i wake up and i was surprised how big they were !
i do not know if they are normally growing because i sucked the past few times i tried growing them

all i did this time is i bottom watered them

take a look ( they are 2 days old) :

IMG_20110301_223723.jpg

IMG_20110301_223709.jpg

IMG_20110301_223703.jpg

IMG_20110301_223651.jpg

:rofl:tell me what you think . are they growing fast ? normal ? or between them ?

They're looking good, but I would still hold off on watering them ANY way until the soil dries out. If you give them too much water, they will die again.

It all depends on what kind. If they are Habs (which they aren't) then they are growing like Popeye on a can of spinach. They are peppers and not "peppers" right? Lol

Like Aram said,they may look a little stretchy.Just make sure the light source is relatively close and you'll do great!Hey,does that one seedling have three cotyledons?I had a couple of those this year also.Keep up the good work!

They're looking good, but I would still hold off on watering them ANY way until the soil dries out. If you give them too much water, they will die again.

They will what? Die AGAIN? :rofl: Like Lazarus rising from the dead only to be dead AGAIN. Hahahahahahahaha

Nice job on your seedlings mate they are looking positively AWESOME!

yeahyou got that right guys :(

i do not have a growing light because i went to all the farm stores and every store related to planting and i didn't find a growing light :( any substitute ?

i only use regular florescent lights on mine. 4 foot long ones. 6400k. i leave them on for 12 hours a day or so.

Standard fluro's like others have mentioned will work until you can get them out into the sun. Make sure you get a decent bulb though. Also make sure you pick up a small fan and have it blow on the seedlings for 20-30 minutes a day. It'll really thicken them up and help prevent mildew from forming on the surface. Great job so far :)

Back