• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Please Critique My "Ghetto" Grow Chamber

Yeah, I may lack common sense at times, but I'm not stupid lol. ... I may just ry and pick up a few sheets of plywood at home depot and tack them together to form a cabinet.

Hello Kite and welcome to THP!

It's not for me to say whether you lack common sense, are stupid or anything else. What I will say is, based on your actions thus far, you are developing "the fever". Trying to create an environment for your pepper plant to thrive in attests to that. :)

So, here's my 2c.

Unless you keep your room below 70, your plant is warm enough. Indoors, the need for heat generally applies to seed starting.

Your biggest issue is lighting. What you've got is a good start, short term. Are you gonna put this plant outside when it's warmer? If so, I'd just use what you have.

If it was me, I'd fashion a reflector (one for each lamp) out of a coat hanger and some tinfoil (shiny side toward the bulb). I'd raise your bucket with a few of those text books you're done with so the light shines more from the SIDE of the plant versus ABOVE the plant. Feed every few weeks and wait for Spring!

jmho

Good Luck with your grow!

Hello Kite and welcome to THP!

It's not for me to say whether you lack common sense, are stupid or anything else. What I will say is, based on your actions thus far, you are developing "the fever". Trying to create an environment for your pepper plant to thrive in attests to that. :)

So, here's my 2c.

Unless you keep your room below 70, your plant is warm enough. Indoors, the need for heat generally applies to seed starting.

Your biggest issue is lighting. What you've got is a good start, short term. Are you gonna put this plant outside when it's warmer? If so, I'd just use what you have.

If it was me, I'd fashion a reflector (one for each lamp) out of a coat hanger and some tinfoil (shiny side toward the bulb). I'd raise your bucket with a few of those text books you're done with so the light shines more from the SIDE of the plant versus ABOVE the plant. Feed every few weeks and wait for Spring!

jmho

Good Luck with your grow!

Alright, thanks for the advice :) I do plan on growing them inside year 'round because Ohio weather is pretty up and down. I will elevate the buckets and fashion reflectors for the lamps. This is my firs time trying to grow a bhut jolokia so I am trying to make sure it doesn't die lol. It is already burnt from fertilizer so I'm trying extra hard now.

Back