labels Please critique our new label

This is the label for our next sauce (due out sometime in January). Unfortunately the picture has posted a little washed out, the colors are much more vibrant.

There are a few corrections that we can see, but we are interested to hear what everyone else thinks.

Thank you for taking the time to help us.

Feisty Parrot

uNq7P77.jpg

Scorcher sounds good. Parrot in a sombrero with the sun beating down is the image I get. Beads of sweat on parrot.

muskymojo said:
I like the graphics, but I'm not so sure about the name. Spoiled and rotten are both words that are not exactly appetizing on a food product,
This was my knee jerk reaction as well.
FeistyParrot said:
Spoilt Rotten is a term given to those who get what they want.
Even understanding that, and without having read anyone else's input, that was my 1st thought - on a food product neither are appetizing descriptors.

Hmm a hot sauce called pampered pet? As for negative- ever lived with a bird? (A proper one not a brit connotation)

'ouch' is what Sasha just said to me after he just bit me hard enough to leave a bruise...guess that's my bad for having to be away a lot for work at the moment...the dogs. ..way easier!

FeistyParrot said:
Hmm a hot sauce called pampered pet? As for negative- ever lived with a bird? (A proper one not a brit connotation)
'ouch' is what Sasha just said to me after he just bit me hard enough to leave a bruise...guess that's my bad for having to be away a lot for work at the moment...the dogs. ..way easier!
Had a parakeet as a kid. It was ok I guess.

I was just throwing out suggestions that were aligned with your "spoiled rotten" theme without using the words spoiled or rotten. lol

So yeah - I'm not sure how a bird would be pampered but then again I'm not sure how you'd spoil one rotten either.

Ouch is a good name, but as THP said, you may want to give back-story on the romance panel for any "inside story " kinda thing.

Ouch is a good name.. with an exclamation; Ouch!

Picture of feeding the bird a pepper but he bites down on finger too.

Pampered sounds like Pampers... NEXT!!!! lol.

The Hot Pepper said:

Sounds like some snooty shizz that sells on the same shelf as homemade jams made by some old lady named Edith. :)
"Edith's gourmet hot sauce" - How could you NOT buy that? I'd HAVE to know wtf it was.

The thing that catches my eye is (yeah I'm weird) the nutrition facts. No sugar? No carbs? To me, it looks a little sketchy after reading the ingredients.

OK, first, I love the name. 

However with that name, I'd expect the heat level to be "Savage".  And I'm not sure why the parrot on this one is "OUCH!" - Is he supposed to be a muscle beach parrot with 'tude? Give him some cheesy tattoos and maybe put some dumbells at his feet, like he's working out. lol 

I dunno - it needs to be tied together somehow - I'm just spitballing...

I like this one!

This one is an easy fix. Have one of those crabs pinching him. The one on the right can be moved so it's pinching his butt.

It doesn't need to be super tied in, we know OUCH! means the heat of the sauce. A small tie in works.

I wouldn't space the !, I'd do OUCH! not OUCH !, preference.

Center the sun left to right? Heat meter still needs even spacing. :)

Sizzlin' line needs centering.

The clouds "in front" of the waves not working. ;)

Good one!

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
OK, first, I love the name. 

However with that name, I'd expect the heat level to be "Savage".  And I'm not sure why the parrot on this one is "OUCH!" - Is he supposed to be a muscle beach parrot with 'tude? Give him some cheesy tattoos and maybe put some dumbells at his feet, like he's working out. lol 

I dunno - it needs to be tied together somehow - I'm just spitballing...
He is supposed to have a bit more sunburn on his face...working on it :-) This sauce still has a kick to it...trust me

I like the crab idea and agree about the exclamation mark, it's already on my list as is the feather scale

I like this, a lot, but if being picky...

As THP mentioned, the clouds are a bit strange.

The expression on the parrots face could maybe look a bit more - something - angry, bitten, surprised, etc.

I also like to see ingredients. I'm sure many (I know THP will lol) will agree that if it contains extracts its out. So might be good to show that it is a "true" pepper sauce.

The nutrition facts would probably only be noticed by other extremely pedantic individuals, not normal people. I didn't mean to discourage, but are you sure they were accurate? If not important, I would avoid the clutter personally, but thats just me.

impending_bending said:
I like this, a lot, but if being picky...
Picky is why we uploaded this, just trying to get it right before printing many thousands!

As THP mentioned, the clouds are a bit strange.
Yes we had noticed that too...being sorted

I also like to see ingredients. I'm sure many (I know THP will lol) will agree that if it contains extracts its out. So might be good to show that it is a "true" pepper sauce.e
The ingredients/ blurb/ nutrition etc still need to be added to the label, we are just trying to get the artwork/ concept right first....the sauce does not contain extracts, while many people do like the taste, it's something we are not keen on and choose not to use them in our sauces....clearly one can never say never but certainly not in any we are releasing in 2014.

The nutrition facts would probably only be noticed by other extremely pedantic individuals, not normal people. I didn't mean to discourage, but are you sure they were accurate? If not important, I would avoid the clutter personally, but thats just me.
It's one of those legal things needed (there are exceptions). We have these run by a lab so yes they are right. Both the nutrition and ingredients (blurb is changing) for this sauce can be seen on the original (Scottish themed) label, we changed the concept not the sauce.

Back