• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Please Help! No idea what this is.

Ok will do. I know it's early, probably too early to tell, but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. 

I did not get these seeds off ebay. I got them from Tyler Farms. They looked pretty reputable, and are in California (where I am). I contacted them as well with these pictures, to see if they can give me any guidance or reason. Maybe if seeds were mixed, human error, etc. I'll report back with what they say and how they handle it, that way one way or another, prospective customers can make their own decisions. 

Randers2 said:
Ok will do. I know it's early, probably too early to tell, but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. 

I did not get these seeds off ebay. I got them from Tyler Farms. They looked pretty reputable, and are in California (where I am). I contacted them as well with these pictures, to see if they can give me any guidance or reason. Maybe if seeds were mixed, human error, etc. I'll report back with what they say and how they handle it, that way one way or another, prospective customers can make their own decisions. 
It's hard to tell what it is right now... Maybe a super chilli? thai super? that's what I got.

please do tell us their response. It sucks when you grow a pepper for a whole season and you don't get what you were waiting for. 

Just to update, this is the response(s) I received from the supplier:

[SIZE=12.8px]"Hi Randy,[/SIZE]

We can assure you that the seeds you received were indeed Peter pepper seeds. Because the peppers are so young, it is difficult to determine exactly what the final appearance will be. The Peter pepper is a hybrid, so there will be slight variations in appearance, even among peppers that come from the same plant. 

Please update us as your peppers mature. If they do not take on the appearance of a Peter pepper, we will make it right for you. "

I then proceeded to tell them that no peter pepper I have ever seen grew upwards, and that it was a concern. This was their second response:

"Hi Randy, 

Thank you so much for letting us know and including pictures. Peter peppers do not typically grow upwards, so it may turn out to be some sort of hybrid; however, it should still have the traits of a Peter pepper. 

Please continue to update us as we want to make sure you are satisfied with your order. "

I'll post more pictures when I get home tonight of what they look like now. The first pods have stayed smooth but the newer pods are coming in differently. It's strange, but we shall see. 

Randers2 said:
Just to update, this is the response(s) I received from the supplier:

[SIZE=12.8px]"Hi Randy,[/SIZE]

We can assure you that the seeds you received were indeed Peter pepper seeds. Because the peppers are so young, it is difficult to determine exactly what the final appearance will be. The Peter pepper is a hybrid, so there will be slight variations in appearance, even among peppers that come from the same plant. 

Please update us as your peppers mature. If they do not take on the appearance of a Peter pepper, we will make it right for you. "

I then proceeded to tell them that no peter pepper I have ever seen grew upwards, and that it was a concern. This was their second response:

"Hi Randy, 

Thank you so much for letting us know and including pictures. Peter peppers do not typically grow upwards, so it may turn out to be some sort of hybrid; however, it should still have the traits of a Peter pepper. 

Please continue to update us as we want to make sure you are satisfied with your order. "

I'll post more pictures when I get home tonight of what they look like now. The first pods have stayed smooth but the newer pods are coming in differently. It's strange, but we shall see. 

Waiting for the pictures!

It's kind of weird that they said "We can assure you that the seeds you received were indeed Peter pepper seeds."  As if to say that it is impossible for them to make a mistake.

But, the first pods on a plant sometimes look a bit different.  But I still understand your concern.

Back