• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Please ID this Pepper

This came from 9greenbox.com and they claimed it was Bhut Jolokia. All the rest of the Bhut seeds they sent me have turned into Caribbean Reds. This one looks different though, it's definitely longer than the other plants. Any Ideas?

fa8bda12.jpg

Yeah, not bumpy at all. The plant is producing very well which is a good thing although not what I paid for. The company has since given me a full refund which is respectable. The pods have been this size and green for a pretty long time. It's been hot as he11 here in Northern Virginia so hopefully these will turn out good, whatever they are.

9GreenBox.com is Hirt's Gardens. When they kept screwing people under the Hirt's names, they had to switch up. Those are most likely Orange Habaneros. Sorry for your luck. HIRT'S HURTS!!!

9GreenBox.com is Hirt's Gardens. When they kept screwing people under the Hirt's names, they had to switch up. Those are most likely Orange Habaneros. Sorry for your luck. HIRT'S HURTS!!!

Oh, now it's coming clear. It does suck that I wasted a lot of time germinating/growing these to find out they aren't Bhuts. BUT, on a good note, I have tons of SB's becoming ripe, seeds came from Jamaican ladies in Florida. I bought some real Bhuts from NMSU so next year will be more gratifying with the Bhuts.

f58cc115.jpg

those are true yellow Jamaican scotch bonnets, can tell by the shape
there awesome when it comes to flavor, you still have a great thing here!!

thanks your friend Joe

those are true yellow Jamaican scotch bonnets, can tell by the shape
there awesome when it comes to flavor, you still have a great thing here!!

thanks your friend Joe
Thanks, if you or anyone want seeds I'll be more than happy to send them out.

Oh, now it's coming clear. It does suck that I wasted a lot of time germinating/growing these to find out they aren't Bhuts. BUT, on a good note, I have tons of SB's becoming ripe, seeds came from Jamaican ladies in Florida. I bought some real Bhuts from NMSU so next year will be more gratifying with the Bhuts.

f58cc115.jpg
i have a "Jamaican red mushroom" that says its a C.chinese and the pods i have growing now look more like the yellow pod at the top between the 2 green ones. not to thread jack great looking SB's and if i dont have a true strain then seeds i would like.

Eric

i have a "Jamaican red mushroom" that says its a C.chinese and the pods i have growing now look more like the yellow pod at the top between the 2 green ones. not to thread jack great looking SB's and if i dont have a true strain then seeds i would like.

Eric

You're on the list, they are really hot and really tasty.

Absolutely, what types do you guys grow? I like extra hot, or anything really nice looking or rare. To get my girlfriend involved/to tolerate my abundance of plants, I started looking at hot ornamentals like the 100 yr nmsu variety. I have aji lemon/thai chiles/a bunch of CR's thanks to 9greenbox/SB's/whatever that hybrid is above/100 yr nmsu/nmsu bhuts/nmsu cajamarca/and lastly birds eye. Would love to get some different bhut strains like choc/white. The hotter the better.

I would love a few of those seeds. It's like pulling teeth to get the real deal! I can just taste the sweet heat of authentic jerk chicken.

I also would love some cuttings or seeds, i have quite a few varieties for trade, and will have many more in a month or so, currently growing 144 plants and 16 seedlings, but have seeds for even more than the 46 or so varities im growing, thanks
Paul
p.s. I have yellow and chocolate bhuts growing the yellows should be ready in a couple of weeks I would say the chocolate about a month and a half :hell:

I also would love some cuttings or seeds, i have quite a few varieties for trade, and will have many more in a month or so, currently growing 144 plants and 16 seedlings, but have seeds for even more than the 46 or so varities im growing, thanks
Paul
p.s. I have yellow and chocolate bhuts growing the yellows should be ready in a couple of weeks I would say the chocolate about a month and a half :hell:

We will be doing some trading for sure!

Thanks, if you or anyone want seeds I'll be more than happy to send them out.
I am interested in those SB seeds, also the NMSU Cajamarca. Check my trade list and see if there is anything you are interested in.

Also have a few ornamentals seeds (not listed), if you need 'em for you G/F.

The Zimbabwe pepper also makes a good windowsill houseplant. ;)

Thanks!

Back