• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pluma?

This is supposed to be a Pluma from pepperlover.com but one isn't like the other. I've made labeling mistakes before, but I didn't order an orange pepper like this and I just grew a couple because they were tossed in my order as freebies. It ripened a little later than the Pluma next to it, which didn't throw any flags up. But when it turned orange and I was expecting red Plumas exactly like the picture on the website I got curious. I don't know much about baccatums except they taste good and I'm pretty sure the Hot Lemon I've been growing for years is a baccatum.

What is this? An orange Pluma? This particular pepper is a little smaller than the rest, but it's the only one I didn't eat yet... well I actually just ate it. It's not very hot and tastes very similar to the Pluma next to it. But the Aji Colorados I have also taste very similar and they are all kinda in the same heat range.
IMG_1934.jpg

This is the Pluma right next to it. It looks just like the picture on the website.
IMG_1935.jpg

This is a hot lemon from a 2 year old plant, but I didn't plant any at my home unless I screwed up. I've grown them for 3 or 4 years now and I've never seen an orange one. Pretty sure I was sober on seed starting day though. It doesn't really taste like this hot lemon either.
IMG_1936.jpg

I'm only curious because I'm going to keep it and I like to know what I have.

I've heard other members say that pepperlover.com often mixes up seeds, or they get a pheno that wasn't advertised when they originally bought the seeds. I think it's just a simple mix up ya got here man. Either way, it still looks pretty damn healthy and delicious. 

Back