• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pod Shape vs. Flavor for growers?

I care about the visual side a LOT! Taste is also important, but I have just started growing and tasting different varieties.
With my very limited space I wouldn't grow a pepper that I don't find beautiful. There are varieties that got on my wanted list mainly because of the looks.
Chocolate bhut, black fatalii, jays peach ghost scorpion, peach wasp, .... this is art to me!  :)

The way I look a it .. Peppers are like sports cars...

Even though the plain looking '7 Pot'  lets make it a 'Tesla' might have GREAT performance and practicality and usability, I just want to get my hands on the 'Jays Ghost' lets make that a 'Lambo' even though it might be less practical, less functional and just as fast.. Because when I see it sitting at my house everyday, I just want to be looking at my crazy 'Lambo'.. not the family styled 'Tesla'.

That being said.. If I as to bottle both and change their form of course the boring more flavourful peppers can win the race... And that's why I always grow a few 'Big' flavourful types, for making things with, and a lot of smaller Lambo's for both viewing and eating pleasure.

If peppers all but looked the same but just had different flavours.. I would probably only grow about 5 varieties..... But because they don't I grow over a 100 types..

Back