• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pods growing out of leaf stem

anyone ever have pods growing out of a leaf stem? I know I don't have photos sorry my iPhone want let me post photos. I was checking my chocolate scorpion plants and it looked like one v was putting out 8 pods. I moved the leaf next to the v and the pods moved. I said wow never seen this before. I'm getting a 5s this week and maybe it will let me post photos. Thanks everyone

Yes, photos would help. Usually pods only come from the joints between two branches. Chinenses often put out multiple pods at such a joint, and with that many it may appear to be coming from the stem of a leaf. But as we all know, anomalies can occur…..

I'm curious to see the pics and find out what's going on with your plants. I have kind of the same thing going on with some of my tomatoes. They're sprouting suckers out of the mid veins of some of the larger leaves. I took some pics the other day and posted them in my glog. think in my case, it's a result of picking off all the other (normal) suckers to train the plant down to one vine. Still weird, though.

edit: Here's my blog, with a pic of my weird tomato. http://thehotpepper.com/topic/44657-dash-2-2014-youre-doing-it-wrong/page-3

Back