• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Poisonette's Pepper Progress

Ok, so there's no real progress yet. They're all still in packs. I'm going to start them next weekend. My growing table became my Husband's storage table. :banghead:

I've got 37 mild-hot peppers!
Royal Black
Red Chili
Purple Jalapeno
Long Purple Cayenne
Tomato
Pepperoncini
Purple Flash
Purple Flash
Long Slim Red Cayenne
Sheepnose Pimento
Sweet Pickle
Sweet Banana
Pretty Purple
Gold Bullet
Tepin
Filus Blue
Poinsettia
Red Hungarian Wax
Yellow Hungarian Wax
Anaheim
Ancho
Cherry
Black Hungarian Wax
Cubanelle
Pimento
Peach Habanero
Golden Cayenne
Tobasco
Costa Rican Red
Flourescent Purple
Largo Purple
Early Red Jalapeno
Orange Habanero
Variagated
Shu Hybrid
Black Pearl
Explosive Ember

Bell Peppers, if anyone cares. (I made notes as to the color from my excel file)
Sweet Chocolate - Brown
Bianca Hybrid - Ivory/Pink
Lilac Hybrid - Purple/Red
Tequila Hybrid - Purple/Red
Purple Beauty - Purple
Blushing Beauty - Ivory/Red
Big Dipper Hybrid - Green/Red
Green/Orange
Green/Yellow

Thanks for looking!

You are just going to have to show him who's boss. Now tell him to clear his stuff off of your table. :lol:

Nice looking selection

(I wish I was able to go to Passow's party to be able to meet you and your husband. We are almost neighbors).

Ciao Poisonette-

That looks a lot like Duane's list last year. He's only just getting into the super hots this year. We have a pretty short season up here, so we shall see what he's able to do. You should have some nice things for drying and other uses with that list. Golden Cayenne and Purple Jalapeno are particularly nice.

Paul - Sorry you can't make it. :( Would've been nice to have you there.

Julianna - Thanks. The Purple Jalapenos are good. I grew them last year. I love them. No Super Hots for me yet. Habanero is as hot as I choose to grow. The Tepins are for my husband & BIL and their salsa.

Sydtunes - Thank you!

I'm looking at starting about 6 of each, then giving some to my BIL. I might not grow the pointsettas until later this year, for the holidays; share my love of plants with others. They're supposed to look like the traditional pointsettas, so I've heard.

Well... my wireless went down or I would've posted this sooner.

I finally got all my pepper seeds started last weekend. I know, I'm behind a little.
I decided to go a little smaller this year since I've got more varieties. I started 6 each of the bells, sweet bananas, & sweet pickles. 3 of each of some of my other favorites, and 2 each of the others.

They're starting to sprout already so I must be doing something right.

I think I'm doing pretty good. I've got near 100% germination of the bells and some of the milder peppers. The hotter ones are taking their time, as expected.

Well, you've got quite a nice grow season ahead of you it appears......

I actually am interested in how the blushing beauty bell works out for you. I think Burpee's offers it and decided between it and the Pinot Noir which I'm growing this year. I simply can't stand buying bells at the grocery for a dollar a piece or so....

I look forward to the updates.

Back