Pomegranate Margaritas

I tried this the other night it it was surprisingly good, I'll post pics next time I make this. I took this recipe off of the Food Network as I saw it on TV. It is Pomegranate Habanero Margaritas, umm-mmm...GOOD!

Ingredients
-2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
-1/2 cup white tequila
1/4 cup triple sec
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1/2 cup Hab Simple Syrup

Hab Simple Syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 Hab

place sugar and water in small sauce pan and stir to combine. Poke holes in the Hab and add to sauce pan. Simmer until sugar is dissolved and then continue simmering for another 3 minutes then remove from heat.

Combine, stir and serve chilled.

ENJOY....

...or maybe it's the fruity cocktails.

This flavor is one of my faves too because I like sweet and tart.

Try also blood orange (rocks or frozen) and prickly pear (frozen). I also like mango and peach frozen margs but they can get a little sweet.

I agree with you, I think that is why I liked it and the sweet spicy flavor from the Hab simple syrup gave it a nice kick.

Never tried them with peppers. Will have to give it a go. I'm thinking frozen prickly pear margs and I can use a pepper jam instead of simple syrup for a nice flavor. Thanks for the post.

I have some tequila I've been marinating a pepper in - it is too freakin' hot to enjoy alone. And I just made candied peppers - fatalii, rocotillo, trin perf, aji dulce 1, aji dulce 2 - and I've got all the syrups left from those. And I've got a lime left. Think I'll go pick up some pomegranate and triple sec, and give a modified version a try - I'll let you know how it turns out.

So apparently I don't like Triple Sec - it just makes me think of orange-flavored cough syrup. But I could tell that I would have liked it, sans the Triple Sec. Now just need to go get more tequila!

Use a higher quality curaçao or Grand Marnier.

Fresh? None. They are made from dried orange peels. GM is cognac based. For fresh, use OJ.

And any suggestions for what to do with an opened bottle of Triple Sec, besides drink or throw away? Hmm. Maybe pour it down the groundhog hole?
Yes, find my Triple Sec Jerk Chicken recipe somewhere here ;)
It really does make good orange chicken.

I guess a better question would be which tastes the least like orange cough syrup. :lol: Not usually a mixed-drink drinker, but from time to time it hits the spot better than wine.

Thanks for the tip on the orange chicken - I'll definitely give that a try.

And... did you really change PF's avatar - or was he joking about that?!?

Yeah Geeme, he does that occasionally. Usually after I stick my foot in my mouth or something. :lol:
Special. Very special. So what did you say this time to prompt that?
And the real question - why haven't you changed it to something else? Me thinks the guy likes it..... :lol:

Hmm. I wonder what my clients would think if I started doing that to one of their websites... just randomly change their carefully-chosen pics to something I thought was fun at the moment? Well, big diff is that my clients pay me, and THP is putting up with our BS for free - or at least not charging us for it! (Thank you THP!)

Ugh - phone ringing.....

Boys and their toys..... admittedly though, it was kind of fun.
But you never answered my other question.....

Back