food Popcorn

*Sorry no pictures* But popcorn is popcorn....

I just made and ate probably the best popcorn...

Here is what I did:

Stove popped popcorn
1 part grated Parmesan Cheese
1 part sea salt
1 part Tabasco Powder.

Toss with popped popcorn and enjoy...:)

Booooooooo no butter!!!!!

The farts, or the popcorn? ;-P

yeah, I chuck mass amounts of all manner of spices into my bag of popcorn..makes it more funner. ;)

Personal fave lately is romano/garlic/arbol chile powder with bacon salt.

Lately I've been putting my own spice blend (dried fatalli, bhut, hab, garlic powder, kosher salt, cracked black pepper) on the extra butter microwave stuff.

Works for me!! ;)

WOW...I got quite a few Boos. :lol:

Well!

THP, no butter just means I was trying to stay healthy. I consider popcorn my 1 healthy snack. ;-)

Moyboy, stop trying to be an instigator. :rofl: Popcorn is popcorn...:P

Tony, Don't booo cause you farted....well, unless it didn't stink. Then that is just wasted air. :lol:

Quad...your concoction sounds really good and next time I might give that a try. Thanks for sharing your popcorn addition.

No tinfoil pouches. :lol: Just a pot, a lid, some oil and popcorn kernels. Oh so good! Once you've had popcorn this way, it's so hard to have microwave popcorn, JMO

paulky_2000 said:
Lately I've been putting my own spice blend (dried fatalli, bhut, hab, garlic powder, kosher salt, cracked black pepper) on the extra butter microwave stuff.

Works for me!! ;)

I know this is kind of an old post, but do you dry the stuff your self and what parts do you use of each ?? really sounds YUMMY

omg noobs, just put fresh chunks of chili in the oil while popping them! CHILI POPCORN is the shit! Really, I never make popcorn without chili anymore. :D

Above poster bumped this thread so I know it's old news, but couldn't help commenting. I LOVE CHILI POPCORN!

Did I say CHILI POPCORN loud enough? ;)

I'm now wondering if I add the powder to the oil while popping the popcorn if that would work. I may have to give this a try later for a snack.

Pepperfreak said:
I'm now wondering if I add the powder to the oil while popping the popcorn if that would work. I may have to give this a try later for a snack.
I think that it might be too burnt in taste if you put powder when popping, but worth a try.

What happens when you pop with fresh chili is that the oil takes all the taste and hottness since it's oil based. The taste is spread to all popcorn very efficiently this way. The chili chunks themselves end up burned black.

Back