• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds poppyseed tea

Hi guys 
I might be A bit crazy but I made poppyseed(high in calcium and magnesium) tea and fed it to 2 of my plants that needs calcium........it was 2 days ago they have not died yet.

Am I wasting my time or do anyone think it will work?

Don't know, but will follow this, to see if any improvement :)
I just know is very dangerous for human, at least people say that. I heard when I was a child that some used this tea to tranquil babies, but if the concentration is not the right one, the person who drink it could die. Legend? Truth? Don't know...

rghm1u20 said:
Don't know, but will follow this, to see if any improvement :)
I just know is very dangerous for human, at least people say that. I heard when I was a child that some used this tea to tranquil babies, but if the concentration is not the right one, the person who drink it could die. Legend? Truth? Don't know...
Hmmmm  Never heard it before......I have A bag of poppyseeds for when I bake Bananabread.......and I use allot and im stil alive hahahaha 

Van said:
Hmmmm  Never heard it before......I have A bag of poppyseeds for when I bake Bananabread.......and I use allot and im stil alive hahahaha 
We use to cook different cookies with poppyseeds, and we also still alive :)
But not sure about tea....

I know poppy seeds are a high alkaloid. You may wanna check the PH on your tea before adding, just to be safe.

For calcium and magnesium, i would just use dolomite. If pH is an issue, it could be mixed with peat moss and water overnight (sopping wet, blended thoroughly), then placed in a large flowerpot. Pour water through, as though you were making coffee, and the pot was a filter basket. Then use the liquid as a nutrient supplement.

For a high calcium and magnesium fertilizer, i would probably try alfalfa meal (perhaps pre-composted).

For the record, i registered a false positive for opiate/opioid use in a hospital ER blood test after eating some home-made halvah (the ingredients were finely ground poppyseed and honey, in about equal amounts). Eating the confection was not the cause of my hospitalization... that was purely incidental.

Halvah can be made from sesame, poppy, or other oilseeds/nuts. Read the label if you have to worry about drug tests. Middle Eastern recipes usually contain sesame seeds as a base, and Eastern Europe's recipes frequently feature "blonde" or "white" poppyseeds.

I'm a firm believer in General Organic's CalMag Product. However, I am growing in Coco coir and use it pretty much all the time to supplement my nutrients as they always come up short on calcium and magnesium when really pushing the plants.

Botanicare makes a product called Cal-mag plus which has iron in addition to calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate if you find you come up short on iron regularly.

It's good to have a fast-acting liquid around for when you run in to deficiencies that need a quick fix, but your soil should be amended with bone meal and dolomite as well.

Reactions: Van
This is so weird my tobasco lost all the leaves and now are bouncing back better than before..........and our grow season is over.........

Back