• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking PORK RIBS!!! 1/24/10

I got a few pics here of some ribs i found on sale ... will be back when they get done!!! they other 2 pics are right before i put them on and it was like 12:30 it is now 4:15 .. i will go get a new pic to up date ... be back in a few ..

IMG00447-20100124-1119.jpg

IMG00448-20100124-1223.jpg

IMG00449-20100124-1223.jpg

Trim that flap meat! lol

Oak is one of my faves! Red or white? I bet you had a nice steady temp with oak. The flavor is great.

thehotpepper.com said:
Oak is one of my faves! Red or white? I bet you had a nice steady temp with oak. The flavor is great.

i think it is white i could take a pic for you .. yeah the temp has been in the same place 4 hours now... lol:)

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.................................................Brawwwaaahahahahaahahahaha :rofl:

Oh nice looking ribs BTW. Where's the sauce though?

SauceBoss said:
haha nice! What temp were you cooking it at and what did you season with? Sauce or Rub?

i put a dry rub on brown sugar ,salt , pepper onion powder, garlic, Paprika ... and i am making this for monday dinner so i will make sauce then, 5 hours on the pit and then i will warm up for 1 hour + so they will be nice and tender... the temp stayed at 235 almost the whole time never went over well here they are enjoy... we also had to test them out and they are awesome!!!

IMG00453-20100124-1812.jpg

Did you cook them in the foil the entire time? I usually only foil my for the last hour or so, and which gives them a serious smoke ring.

LGHT said:
Did you cook them in the foil the entire time? I usually only foil my for the last hour or so, and which gives them a serious smoke ring.

no only a few hours... then i open it up and smoke it up:lol:

Ima fraid you got it backwards there Redeyes. You should be smoking them without the foil first, then wrapping them up. They take the smoke best when they are raw and for the first hour or so.

redeyes said:
no only a few hours... then i open it up and smoke it up:lol:

Yeah, you want to hit it with smoke for the first couple of hours and foil them the last few to keep them from drying out. I've also been adding a spritz of apple cider, honey, and more rub to mine when I put them in the foil. This will not give them a good crust, but I also put them over a hot fire after I take them out of the foil. This makes a thick slurry on the outside instead of a butt crust.

i think why i started doing it like that was that i did not let my wood burn off as much as i needed to and everything would be over smoked ... i did baby back ribs over the weekend "sorry no pics" and i did not cover it up till later.... so i have to say you guys are right !!! i just need to take more time and let it burn down more and things will be right ... :lol:

Back