• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Possible glyphosphate set down injury

Noticed after a week a part of my Douglah that was close to the fense is curling and yellowing.The neighbour was using glyphosphate to kill some weeds near the fence. All though he asures me he was carefull, the yellow curles have me worried. Is it to late to cut back - or if it has been injured, has the poison gone through the whole plant by now (the rest of the plant seems ok for now - but I know this stuff does that ie you think it isnt working then bam - in few weeks the plant is dead).

Sorry to hear that dude that stuff is serious death.

I can't answer your question for sure but I don't think there is any point keeping the affected parts of the plant around. I would cut back the plant ASAP! to stop any poison spreading from the leaves further into the plant, (assuming it hasn't come in through the roots). And I would cut it back well past the affected areas.

I wouldn't get your hopes up that it will recover even with a pruning but its worth a try.

no matter how much he tells you that he was being careful, that stuff once it gets airborne can get anywhere. evil evil weed killer.

i'd say cut back if it's big enough.

I would cut off the affected part and hope for a recovery. Then ask your neighbor to please tell you next time he is going to spray so you can cover your plants, but please PLEASE be nice about it. No need to start a feud, they are only plants.

I would cut off the affected part and hope for a recovery. Then ask your neighbor to please tell you next time he is going to spray so you can cover your plants, but please PLEASE be nice about it. No need to start a feud, they are only plants.
Nah, he's stil a good freind. Just ignorant to the evils of roundup, zero etc :-)

Back