• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pot Change?

I have a question I have my plants in 5 gallon buckets asking for bigger pots but I have some many plants to buy each a pot , can I take of the whole plant take some of the roots off the bottom half & side?

Not sure I follow. If you are gonna pot up I would try not to disturb the roots. If you are potting down that sounds like a good idea. Give it to me in straight jive:) 

romy6 said:
 Not sure I follow. If you are gonna pot up I would try not to disturb the roots. If you are potting down that sounds like a good idea. Give it to me in straight jive:) 

Dam cause I'm tryn to take off or remove some of the bottom dirt/roots to make space cause my leaves/plants are starting to droop cuz iknow dey do dat wen dey dnt have much space anymore or water but iknow its the space they need.

Put dat Heffer in da groundz...ya heard?

lol

or make one a dem box thangs,and hang it on dat balcony!

LA should be year round?

Maybe your plants are drooping from root zone temps not pot size
I have seen crazy healthy and huge plants in yogurt cups and they aren't droopy

Check your pots internal temperature because it could be 85 outside but in the pot could be 95. I had this problem earlier in the season. The sun turns buckets especially plastic buckets into ovens.

Nightshade said:
Check your pots internal temperature because it could be 85 outside but in the pot could be 95. I had this problem earlier in the season. The sun turns buckets especially plastic buckets into ovens.
Dam instead of buckets what u think I shuld use den??

Maybe drill a bunch of holes in the sides to get the air moving?

I mean a whole lotta holes, make it look like a crime scene !!

A plant drooping is just it's natural reaction to intense heat and sun. I wouldn't worry too much. I have some plants in the same 3 gal container for 3 years. A few months out of the year they droop. Just makes dem stronger mon  :party:

5 gallon isnt small really, id say its not from root bound, you can have huge plants 6 feet tall in 5 gallon buckets

Everyone Has There Own Way Of Typing & Talking About A Topic Not About English Language There Should Put A AutoCorrect If It Makes Your Head Hurt So Bad Just For You & Drink a Advil It Help(: ,

Back To The "TOPIC" Yeah I Was Thinkg About Getting Those Walmart Bags...What Size Are Those Though? I Been Hearing there bigger then 5 gallons...?
romy6 said:
 A plant drooping is just it's natural reaction to intense heat and sun. I wouldn't worry too much. I have some plants in the same 3 gal container for 3 years. A few months out of the year they droop. Just makes dem stronger mon  :party:

A Romy Does Your Pepper Plants Still Give Peppers After 3 years?

Sick625 said:
Everyone Has There Own Way Of Typing & Talking About A Topic Not About English Language There Should Put A AutoCorrect If It Makes Your Head Hurt So Bad Just For You & Drink a Advil It Help(: ,

Back To The "TOPIC" Yeah I Was Thinkg About Getting Those Walmart Bags...What Size Are Those Though? I Been Hearing there bigger then 5 gallons...?

A Romy Does Your Pepper Plants Still Give Peppers After 3 years?
all depends i think 50cent ones are 5 gallon so the dollar might be more like 10 gallon, up here we have ones that are 15 gallons, ive added them myself i was like damn big pot for $1 lol

Balduvian said:
all depends i think 50cent ones are 5 gallon so the dollar might be more like 10 gallon, up here we have ones that are 15 gallons, ive added them myself i was like damn big pot for $1 lol
LOL Wow Those are huge lol , The Bags Are Sturdy/durable though?

Back