Potting Mix Help

I need to convert this blend to a potting mix. I have access to a ton of it for cheap and I know it's works great because myself and several friends have used it with great success in the past.

What can I add to this mix to make it more appropriate for containers. I'm pretty new to container gardening so I'm leaning on you fine folks here for some help.

Blended Soil - consists of approximately 50% sandy loam, 25% Mushroom Compost, and 25% Garden Mulch.

Thank you!

I would cut the sandy loam down to 25% and make up that last quarter with multiple composts and manures.  Mushroom compost is good but there is hardly any nutrients in it which is where the manures would come in.

Check craigslist in your area under farm and garden theres a bunch of rabbit farmers and breaders. Ask them if you could get some of their shit, its awesome. Its one of the least burning manures with tons of nitrogen, i've heard you can use it hot. I get mine composted at least 2 months from a local breeder at $4 bucks for a 40-50lbs. bag.
I would also cut your final mix by about 15-20% with perlite.

Good luck and happy growin'

Back