• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Potting mix recipe advice

chile_freak said:
The two most important things any living thing can get are oxygen and water, as long as your soil is loose enough for the roots to get air and porus enough to retain some water you should be fine, everything else is just gravy, nutes can be added, later, but the manure and compost will help with that!

I know of thousands of anaerobic bacteria species that would argue with the water and O2 statement  :P

I think/hope the roots will have both, as I said it was free draining and they are now in 45L airpots, so hopefully that will help with the aeration of the soil.

I will probably not feed for a month or so as the manure and compost so hold out for at least that long I think.

This is quite an addictive hobby  :D

Screw those commi, pinko, anaerobic bacteria, not liking oxygen, that's just plain UnAmerican!
That sounds like you should be good to go, but a little fish emulsion and seaweed extract wouldn't hurt even w/ the compost and manure, just my $.02 american, what's that a schilling and a 1\3 ;)

chile_freak said:
Screw those commi, pinko, anaerobic bacteria, not liking oxygen, that's just plain UnAmerican!
That sounds like you should be good to go, but a little fish emulsion and seaweed extract wouldn't hurt even w/ the compost and manure, just my $.02 american, what's that a schilling and a 1\3 ;)
;)  Those coins were a little before my time. 1p would be the equivalent nowadays.

I have a fish emulsion/ seaweed extract feed, which I will use sparingly.

sp33d said:
I second that chili_freak...I think fish/seaweed emulsion is always a good thing...

Thanks, will do.

Back