• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Potting up...for the second time??

I've potted up from the seeding tray to a coffee cup size, and would like to know when I can pot up to a 6' (wide) grow bag?

I know it should be done before the roots protrude from the bottom holes in the coffee cup, but is there any advantage to potting up earlier??:?:

It will be a while if they're in coffee cups now. They'll have a few sets of true leaves by the time pot-up is needed.

In a few weeks, if you can pop the whole mass of soil out of the cup and it sticks together with visible roots around the sides of the container, then it's time for a new home. Waiting too long for a really potbound plant can be bad, but if you pot up too early when the roots haven't met the sides of the container yet, you're probly waisting your time, and may risk damaging the roots if the soil/rootball falls apart.

Any pics of how big your babies are now Huntsman?

Thanks, fellas -

Our season is coming so fast now, that I was concerned I'd leave it too long, but it's all clear now...thank you! Hopefully, I'll have a few weeks before the season arrives properly, but I suspect we'll be ready in terms of temps before the end of the month...

I'll be working on my grow room the whole of tomorrow, FS, but will post pics to my thread in a few days. Thanks for asking! :)

Back