• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Powders ROCK

Not long ago I received a couple of small samples of powder (naga bland and smoked habanero) form Greg (Pic1). Having never used powders they have been used sparingly, but tonight's meal will DEFINITELY change that. I made penne pasta tonight with a homemade tomato sauce...I then added a dash of the naga power. All I can say is WOW...this stuff took my dish to another level. I can't wait to try more powders and to ultimately make my own...even though I don't have any experience...lol. Time to start re-imagining some of my recipes...
Jerry
4KBKyr5.jpg

I'm right there with ya! I received some powder a few weeks ago with some seeds and its a game changer. Haha  I grilled some cheeseburgers this weekend and threw some in there, it was awesome!  I've been following some threads on here about making powder and can't wait to get make my own this year.

North Florida John said:
I've never tried powders. I want to add some heat to some soups, but my wife doesn't like things too hot. Any recommendations?

I'm sure there are people that make excellent powders on the forums, but I've tried this stuff and it is good too:
http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Pepper-Habanero-Jalapeno-Powder/dp/B00COQFQLG/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A2I519C24F0UX9

Three spice levels for $20, and you get the different flavors. Ghost peppers are my favorite of the three, and if you only add a little to soup, it will spice up nicely even for non-chiliheads.

North Florida John said:
I've never tried powders. I want to add some heat to some soups, but my wife doesn't like things too hot. Any recommendations?
I've got the same problem. Normally we make a big batch and when we get it all mixed up I just separate it into two pots or whatever and cook mine with some powder in it!

Back