• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Preposterously Huge Red Habs

I've had my eyes on three gigantic red habs that are growing on one of my plants. Biggest hots I've ever seen. They look like red bell peppers they're so big. Two of them have finally ripened enough to pick, the largest one has a couple of days to go yet.

Here's a photo of the two I picked with a Big Boy tomato in the middle for size reference. Anybody ever seen a red hab this big?

IMG_4366.jpg

Crazy isn't it?
(OK, the truth is the tomato is slightly smaller than a golf ball but they're still good size habs. Hope nobody minds me having some fun)

Good picture POTAWIE those bad boys look huge! Great colors too.

It really is a Big Boy tomato. Not exactly sure what happened but there are quite a few that didn't get much bigger.

Thanks for the comments gang, glad you all have a sense of humor.

great looking pods!
it sure would be great if there was chiles that grew really big, like your joke claim, it sure would mean less hot chile plants needed to grow :lol:

You guys are killing me.

I picked the big boy today, along with a couple of others, and had to show him off. Had a BJ ripen up too. Sadly the rest of the red habs on the vine are no where near the size of this beast.

IMG_4373.jpg

I really like the looks of the BJ you know? They just look wicked! One of these days. I may have to start drinking again to work up the courage. :)

I just checked out your photo thread POTAWIE and the pic of the harvest in the bowls is insane! I would love to have something like that going next year.

You are a master POTAWIE, I bow to your mad skillz! :clap:

patrick - 1st great looking habs!
2nd taking into consideration that not every pod is the same on each plant or hybrids or getting the wrong seeds/plant.
would it be far fetched to say you might have congo trinidads ?

as for potawie being a master chile grower, ditto! I consider him having a "gold thumb" vs a "green thumb" gold being much better :lol:

chilehunter said:
patrick - 1st great looking habs!
2nd taking into consideration that not every pod is the same on each plant or hybrids or getting the wrong seeds/plant.
would it be far fetched to say you might have congo trinidads ?

as for potawie being a master chile grower, ditto! I consider him having a "gold thumb" vs a "green thumb" gold being much better :lol:

Anything is possible as my knowledge concerning peppers is minimal. However the seeds came from Beth at Peppermania, this is the first time I've gotten seeds from her, and I've heard nothing but good things about her.

You know what? I did plant some congo trinidad seeds! I had someone play mix up the plant markers earlier so it is entirely possible that this is a C. trinidad plant. Wow! Thanks a ton Chilehunter for making me do some thinking. I owe you one my friend.

Back