• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

price for powders?

i will making some powders this weekend, some friends want to buy some from me but im not sure what to charge them, any ideas?

Id start with a price / weight comparison with what is sold in stores. Of course home grown product will be much more fresh so at that point you could either tack on 10-20% or give them a friendship discount vs what you'd charge retail?

But i'd imagine that would be a good starting point.

If it's only a couple friends give it out free. If they insist you take some money it will most likely be more than you'd ask for anyway, like a fiver or tenner.

PS. If you are a hobbyist you should not be selling at this point anyway. Sell once you get at the farmers market level, if that is your goal, to grow as a biz.

Interesting discussion. I see my podiatrist every 2-3 months and last visit he asked me what exercise I was getting and explained what it takes to tend 40-50 hot pepper plants in 5gal. pails and he asked how hot? Told him I'd drop off a blend on my next visit and did so today. Now remember I'm giving his office a $25 co-pay plus whatever my insurance coughs up but seeing his face as he inhaled the "blend" I put together for a neophyte made me smile.

Back