• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Prickly leaves??

Hi there.
I am growing a birds eye proper indoors with a pink LED grow light and it has started getting prickles on some leaves. Almost looks like its secreting salt?

Is this bad? What can I do?

Attachments

• 229F771C-99A8-4F12-BC07-E36B09C100F1.jpeg
    229F771C-99A8-4F12-BC07-E36B09C100F1.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 78
Being that it's indoors, it could be overwatered, or it could just as easily be poor ventilation. Moisture that would normally evaporate quickly if left on the leaves longer, and edema is the result...

Add another fan, or run what you got already more? I ran into the same problem, even with fans, when i started seedlings indoors this year. It was gone shortly after i hardened my plants off

Bicycle808 said:
Being that it's indoors, it could be overwatered, or it could just as easily be poor ventilation. Moisture that would normally evaporate quickly if left on the leaves longer, and edema is the result...

Add another fan, or run what you got already more? I ran into the same problem, even with fans, when i started seedlings indoors this year. It was gone shortly after i hardened my plants off

How long/often should I have the fan on?

After my edema showed up, i basically turned the fan on and left it on.... But I'm willing to bet that someone on here with more experience than I've got can suggest a schedule.

Next season, i intend to use two fans in conjunction with a timer

Back