• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pro- mix HP Vs. Pro-mix bx for Florida weather?

Nice earth box. I'm definitely going to build one or two of those. So you used just promix with that setup and only foilar fed? I'm an. Ow debating on mixing some compost and extra perlite in the pro mix. Then I could feed them fish emulsion and things like that. Decisions decisions. Maybe even fill a pot or two with fox farm ocean.

Nice earth box. I'm definitely going to build one or two of those. So you used just promix with that setup and only foilar fed? I'm an. Ow debating on mixing some compost and extra perlite in the pro mix. Then I could feed them fish emulsion and things like that. Decisions decisions. Maybe even fill a pot or two with fox farm ocean.

I typically make my on mix to save on cost, but it's very simular to the promix. If you add fertilizer I only add a little since you don't want your mix heavy and retain too much water. I found that using fert "in the soil" seems to cause more harm weighing down the mix help so I only foliar feed from now on. However in addition to fertilizing I also foliar feed them worm tea so they do get that to retain their health as well. If you use fish emulsion make sure you break it down in your water before adding it to the earth box setup.

There's alot to be said for this Florida soil. I mix cheap compost/cow manure with soil from the backyard for my pots with great success. Saves alot of money too.

Back