• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pro Mix...

For those in NE US check with your local Agway http://www.agway.com/

I had to call 4 stores but found it for $24.95 a bale YMMV :dance:

I thought I was outta luck here in the mountains. I was looking as far away as 2 1/2 hours just to get it. I got bored one day last week, and said "hey, I'll go see what this feed store has right around the corner." They were closed, but as I drove by the front of the store, guess what they had a pallet of sitting right there? I went back when they opened back up, and got me a bale! lol

Oakland nursery in Columbus sells it here but it's $38 a bale I think. I haven't found anyone else that carries it yet. I wish Agway was out here that's for sure.

I thought I was outta luck here in the mountains. I was looking as far away as 2 1/2 hours just to get it. I got bored one day last week, and said "hey, I'll go see what this feed store has right around the corner." They were closed, but as I drove by the front of the store, guess what they had a pallet of sitting right there? I went back when they opened back up, and got me a bale! lol

I got 3 bales :eek: all containers here. Last 3 years it was Miracle Grow :crazy:

Seems to be a bit too early here - nary a sight of it yet.

Patience young lady :lol:

Oakland nursery in Columbus sells it here but it's $38 a bale I think. I haven't found anyone else that carries it yet. I wish Agway was out here that's for sure.

Found it a local Hydroponics store for $39 a bale :eek: kept looking and...

Found a store in Fargo, ND, about an hour away from me that has it, which isn't too bad since I go there quite a bit. I think it is 32 bucks per bail. I will be picking some up shortly.

I just pick up a 3.8 Cu. Ft. bale today from Oliver Seed for $33.40. This should take care of the next stage of 550 > 600 (3.5" x 3.5") pots. I'm considering using it when I replant them in the 100 (5 gal) pots around June. I think it will be worth it in the end considering all the time and nerves invested into the project. I have freezer and powder quotas to meet.

geeme, is that better?
You have way too much free time on your hands, but thanks for the fee spell check ;)

Sorry guys, but I can't help myself on this one....

bail (noun) -
1: property or money given as surety that a person released from custody will return at an appointed time.
2: the semicircular handle of a kettle or pail.
3: a bucket, dipper, or other container used for bailing.

bale (noun) -
1: a large bundle or package prepared for shipping, storage, or sale, especially one tightly compressed and secured by wires, hoops, cords, or the like, and sometimes having a wrapping or covering: a bale of cotton; a bale of hay.
2: a group of turtles.

Sorry guys, but I can't help myself on this one....

bail (noun) -
1: property or money given as surety that a person released from custody will return at an appointed time.
2: the semicircular handle of a kettle or pail.
3: a bucket, dipper, or other container used for bailing.

bale (noun) -
1: a large bundle or package prepared for shipping, storage, or sale, especially one tightly compressed and secured by wires, hoops, cords, or the like, and sometimes having a wrapping or covering: a bale of cotton; a bale of hay.
2: a group of turtles.

A man after my own heart. :)

Dills Greenhouse down on 33 by Canal Winchester sells some Pro Mix. Not sure if it's exactly what your looking for though.

I have to drive about an hour to find bales of BX, but it's a pretty good price at $28. Not too bad if I only make one trip...I'll probably buy 2 bales of Pro-mix BX, a bale of peat moss, a bale of vermiculite, a bale of perlite, and some compost and mix them all together.

Back