• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Probably NOT Mites, so what is it ?

quite a lot of my peppers are starting to get curled leaves with the brown bits on the underside (mostly the plants outside), some of the plants have also got just the brown bits with no leaf curl (yet). form looking at some of the other threads im suspecting it may be mites. any ideas?

101_3045.JPG

101_3046.JPG

101_3048.JPG

101_3050.JPG

yea mine are just like that!! and some of the stems lok scabby on the underside and brown!!

I have seen aphids and other things but lately whatever it is is invisible because i cant see any more things...

broad mites?

i just read they are susceptible to heat and may be killed using 44degree water (around 112F i think)

So it dawned on me that the weather here is going to be 37 tomorrow and will approach and exceed 40 soon so i doubt mites will be a problem in perth...maybe its overwatering/overnuting

TOO MUCH LOVE!!! im a culprit of that. my best and biggest plants are the ones i planted in some sandy soil and left alone.

well you being the mite expert im glad its probably not mites. hmm back to square one then.

I'm still going with fungus.... but I dunno. I've had plants with something similar in the past...

IMG_6241.jpg

(it affected the leaves too but I can't find any pics ATM)

Whatever it is, I don't think it's anything too bad. The plants I've had it happen to have always seemed to grow out of it eventually.

i had black spot fungus all over one of my plants....

sprayed it with copper fungicide and in 2 days i could just wipe teh fungus spots off....didnt seem to harm the plant either

Choc habs and yellow 7 pot/pod I grew last year seemed more susceptible to that fungus. Don't know why

i just had a closer look at the brown marks, it looks like where the brown marks are the leaf isn't growing, so when the rest of the leaf grows it pulls against the brown not growing bits and pulls the leaf out of shape.

or maybe this is just coincidence?

just had a bit of a google on black spot fungus and it looks quite different to whats on my plants.

black spot on a rose
Blackspotdisease2.png

i agree it may very well be some type of fungus on my plants but it doesn't look much like this one.

my rose had that, it transfered to my chilli that was next to it. However the chilli only got black dots, it never caused the leaves or anything to deform or die like my rose did...weird

Back