• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Problem ID

I feel like whenever I get things going smoothly, something else happens!

So things have been great for the last while, no issues, lots of healthy peppers, things are good. However over the last 3 weeks or so I've had a problem with green leaves dropping like crazy. I can shake the plants and 10-15 leaves fall off. After looking around online, I tried and checked all the common issues. PH, too high or low, over watering, underwatering, nutrient issues. Everything appears good. Ph is around 5.8-6.0 and I check it daily, PPM is 580-650. This is a drip recirculating setup. The only other reasons Ive read is fungus or something. I did notice I had a bit of a white film that looks like mold on the top of one of my plants I didnt make a grow cube cover for. Is it possible it got a fungus and now its killing all the plants?

This is one of the least healthy plants. Leaves are steadily dropping off starting from the bottom upwards. Green, healthy nice leaves

REWySN1.jpg

If fungus,use a Fungucide on the plant.
Green Light has one that worked well.
Is the place you grow in Humid?
Might be a Humidity issue.
Might need air circulation...
I don't think it is a PH problem,depending on your water changes.
I hardly ever test for ph in my hydro,I change water too often.
I used to test but my ph was always cool unless I didn't change the water every 1-2 weeks.
I use the water for my outdoor plants...
Hope this helps you out.

In soil I get leaf drop from doing the dry out thing then watering,I don't do that anymore.

Edit.
Your plant looks like it's not getting enough light-tall,then bushing out.
Looks like the reach up until they get light they want then are cool.
Maube you prune them to make them what the pics show,I don't know.

I use my own lighting on shelves and have shorter Branchier plants to go outside after I get a pod or 2  in 4 1/2 inch pots for the sasbe collection i moderate.

Hmm, its pretty dry here, not very humid at all. I change the water weekly and its always fairly clean however this last week I noticed white mold looking things ontop.

Its definitely getting enough light. It always was really lanky. it used to be super bushy down below, it just lost all the big leaves and stuff from down below. It grew really weird early on and had upside leaves. Its never been a normal plant. The rest are super bushy

Fbo3z07.jpg

Back