Problem with Habenero leaves

Hi, I've been growing habeneros inside this year and even though I've had a successful harvest the leaves look very unhealthy and I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with no luck.

The leaves started going yellow around the tip and edges, then started to get brown crispy bits and eventually the brown spreads into the leaf and has white marks in it until eventually the leaf drops off. It's affecting both new and old leaves with the bigger ones at the bottom looking the worst.

BethanPotter said:
Hi, I've been growing habeneros inside this year and even though I've had a successful harvest the leaves look very unhealthy and I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with no luck.

The leaves started going yellow around the tip and edges, then started to get brown crispy bits and eventually the brown spreads into the leaf and has white marks in it until eventually the leaf drops off. It's affecting both new and old leaves with the bigger ones at the bottom looking the worst.

Hydo or pots? And 
JfgE6Ce.gif

Hmm I can't figure out how to add a photo?

But the pot is only small - 8cm tall, 11cm diameter

I use baby bio food every time I water diluted as it says on the bottle (10 drops/500ml)

No lights (Just sunlight, they're on the windowsill), planted in compost and I water when the soil is dry or the leaves are looking a bit droopy.

BethanPotter said:
Hmm I can't figure out how to add a photo?

But the pot is only small - 8cm tall, 11cm diameter

I use baby bio food every time I water diluted as it says on the bottle (10 drops/500ml)

No lights (Just sunlight, they're on the windowsill), planted in compost and I water when the soil is dry or the leaves are looking a bit droopy.

what season you in ? how many hours of good warm sun ?  need serious lumens to continue fruiting all year .

moruga welder said:

what season you in ? how many hours of good warm sun ?  need serious lumens to continue fruiting all year .
Just into Autumn now, it's not the fruit that's the issue, I'm actually getting new flower buds on the plant, the leaves just look like that photo.

BethanPotter said:
Just into Autumn now, it's not the fruit that's the issue, I'm actually getting new flower buds on the plant, the leaves just look like that photo.

but the limes through your window are getting weaker and lesser as the days are getting shorter , thus making the plant end its life cycle 
as if it were out in the garden . Now if you had in a room with M.H. or high powered LEDS . It would continue its life cycle 

moruga welder said:

but the limes through your window are getting weaker and lesser as the days are getting shorter , thus making the plant end its life cycle 
as if it were out in the garden . Now if you had in a room with M.H. or high powered LEDS . It would continue its life cycle 
They have been like this for a while though, even in the middle of summer. One of my thoughts was even that they were too hot in the window. Like maybe they'd got burnt or something from being pressed up against the glass?

I can't see how big the plant is and don't know what media you're using, but with a 8x11cm container (especially after a full growing season) potting up the container somewhat and getting some fresh media in would likely help with the root zone and nutrient uptake.  It may also cause the plant to slow on flowering for a while, though.

Back